TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

my home and grandmas home - October 2nd 2010, 09:57 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i really want to go and live with my grandma and grandpa with them at thier house, i slept round thier last night (friday night) and literally as soon as i got into their house i could feel myself just relaxing, the whole time i was there i was not paranoid, i had no thought of self harm i didnt cut i didnt do anything, i didnt have the need to. it was like as soon as i got into their house i dropped my bags and instantly just flopped out on the sofa. problem is this : i no i cant go and live with them, my grandpa is in his 70s and his health is deteiorating slowly, as much i want to live with my grandma and grandpa i know its possible but when im at home the atmopshere at home is so different, my dads constantly drinking, he is often drunk and either ignores me or just shouts at me. my mum and dad argue. my dad sometimes physically attacks me.

i really want to live with my grandma and grandpa - shes told me theres always a bed welcome for you here, and has told me i want our house to be like your second home which in a way it is. as soon as i get there i know i'm safe, i know no one will shout at me, i complelty change myself, i feel as though at my grandma and grandpas house i can be me and i dont have to walk on eggshells around my dad the whole time. but i know right now i cant live with them and never will be able to, my grandpa is in his 70s his health is slowly detoriating hes due a hip opporation next week, hes going to be in hospital for 5 days. i know i cant go and live with them, but as soon as i came home from thiers even though i was home alone i noticed myself tenseing up and immeadiatly thinking ' oh god im home ' but when at my grandmas and grandpas it feels as though i have a family there. i dont know how much sense im making, but anyone know what can i do, i mean i can go on long weekend visits to thiers like sleep at thiers for two nights as it does me loads of good. but i know i cant live with them.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

Last edited by Emily.; October 20th 2010 at 03:43 AM. Reason: prefix guidelines

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kara396 Offline
Kara396
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kelsey

Re: my home and grandmas home - October 2nd 2010, 11:10 PM

Maybe talk to your grandparents about living there? Or maybe on weekday you can stay over there and then weekends you could go home? By the sounds of it, it seems like your grandparents would understand. Don't shoot the idea down before at least asking about it. You never know. Stay strong and try to work something out. If you need someone to talk to then i'm here for you. <3

"Will he love you like I loved you? Will he tell you everyday? Will he make you feel invincible with every word he'll say?" <3

"Love" is an abused word. Don't continue to abuse it.

Things get better. Maybe not soon. But they will.

I love you. I say this because even if you're a stranger, you deserved to be loved.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: my home and grandmas home - October 3rd 2010, 09:58 AM

i do go to their house quite abit like sleep at theres once every two months or so, sometimes its just for one night sometimes two nights. but i dont know about living there as much as i would want to - i no its impossible, my grandpas health is deteraiting this hhip operation hes having will be the third oporation this year. this why im not sure if living with them is a good idea - but i know living with them will do me good. maybe i could ask them if i could stay at theirs once month at the weekend.

Videos team

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kara396 Offline
Kara396
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kelsey

Re: my home and grandmas home - October 3rd 2010, 06:53 PM

That would be good. It never hurts to ask and try it out. I really hope it all works out for you. If you need someone to talk to, i'm here for you.

"Will he love you like I loved you? Will he tell you everyday? Will he make you feel invincible with every word he'll say?" <3

"Love" is an abused word. Don't continue to abuse it.

Things get better. Maybe not soon. But they will.

I love you. I say this because even if you're a stranger, you deserved to be loved.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Daydreamer Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: my home and grandmas home - October 4th 2010, 11:10 PM

Also, you could be a help to your grandparents. You could help clean house, make meals, just be around them. I'm sure they wouldn't dismiss the idea right away. Have you told your grandparents about how you feel in your home, how your dad has attacked you physically? I hope everything works out, and if you need someone to talk to I'm here.

-Megan

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” 9.12.09 <3

Tumblr http://lovelylaughter.tumblr.com/

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: my home and grandmas home - October 15th 2010, 09:30 PM

i havent told them about how i feel at home, my grandpa got out of hospistal today , so i cant go to thier house for abit as he is going to need to recover, and needs peace and quiet. i havent told them how he attackes me as i dont think they will belive me.

Videos team

Closed Thread