TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
missjenn3317 Offline
Jenn
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jenn

i need advice on something thats been bugging me - October 23rd 2010, 04:59 PM

This thread has been labeled as non-PG13 by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for younger users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm a wittness in a rape case. Problem is: I'm not sure if it was a rape or not and I'm not sure if I shud stand up ant tell what happened if it gets a potentially innocent man locked up so I'm going 2 tell you guys all of the events of the night and I wud appricate if sum1 knew what I shud do or @ least give me their opoinion on the situtation.
(All names have been changed of corse)

ok so last year me and a couple of friends grabbed a bottle of jack and a bag of weed and we were gonna go to a mutual friends house 2 party.... It was myself, my younger sister, alicia, jeff, and bradley. So jeff and alicia used 2 date rite, and alicia wanted to get back with jeff but jeff wanted my sister and after a couple of drinks, she decided she wanted him. So me and the others were about 2 take off in the car and I was secretly leaving amber and jeff to do their thing without alicias knowledge... So we were headed down the road when we made the discovery that we left the bottle of jack back at the house and alicia wanted to go back (she didn't know what was goin on at my house) I tried to convince her to continue on to our mutual friends house but being the alcoholic she is she tuRned the car around to my house to discover her x bf jeff "with his pants down" so to speak... And yeah of corse, she was pretty upset so everybody (including my sis and jeff) piled up in the car and pressed on 2 our mutual friends house. So once there, we started drinkin and smokin on the weed and before long, everybody was a lil tipsy (alicia didn't drink because our mutual friend could record her singing on his professional recoerding equipment) before long, my cousin sierra showed up and scooped my sister and of corse, the rest of us drunken ppl (with the exception of alicia and the mutual friend because they wanted to continue with their recording).... So a couple of hrs passed (alicia was upset about jeff apptempting to hav sex with my sis and she is kinda a drama queen) she called me up sounding very intoxicated asking me to come get her (we had been drunk driving all ovr charleston doin whatever) so of corse we all drove back to the mutual friends house to get her and as soon as we pulled up, she called me and told me nvm that everything was ok, we were all kinda drunk and high so we didn't think twice about it and took off.... About 30 min later she calls me again still sounding very intoxicated and asks me to get her again but then the mutual friend grabbed the fone and he told me that everything was ok once again (we were evn more drunk than b4 so we just accepted that)... Hours passed and myself, jeff and braley went back to join my sis and cousin @ my house to play cards and do whatever.... About 2 hrs later alicia calls me again still intoxicated and now she's crying (I was still drinking and everybody else had sobered up) so my cousin and sis immideatley went 2 pick alicia up. So 20 min later I'm blacking out and watching my cousin and sis drag alicia in the door. They placed her on the couch and she immideatley fell on the floor so I sat on the floor beside her and told her 2 look up @ me and whoa her eyes were huge and glazed over (she isn't known for ANY type of drug use) so I asked her what the hell happened and what did she do and she immideatley starts hysetrically cryind and tellss me she has no idea what happened so I tell my cousin and sis that they need 2 take her 2 the ER because she also told ne she drank 2 glasses of wine and obviously that wouldn't impair u that badly or make you look stoned... So we took her 2 the er where blood and whatnot was drawn which concluded there were no drugs in her system and I honestly don't remember 2 much after this because I was wasted. So the dude went 2 jail of corse and was charged with rape however the x bf and bradley ( who ended up in the er also because the same random car hit him 5 times in 1 day while he was walkin down the road) all believe she's faking the whole thing and just got high and fucked the guy cause she was upset about her x bf attempting 2 fuck my sis so yeah. But the missing link 2 the puzzle that I didn't realize until 1 week later was that a friend of mine had purchased a large bax of oxy frm this mutual friend a day before the incident and apparently he had a lot more than that. So fastforward 2 2day everyone else involved in the situtation still thinks alicia was faking it (we had a falling out shortly after the incident) and the silicitor is now asking me 2 testify and I'm very confused on wether I should testify or not because I could cause a potentially innocent man 2 go 2 jail I just dunno.
  Send a message via Yahoo to missjenn3317  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
postup10101 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i need advice on something thats been bugging me - October 23rd 2010, 11:21 PM

Hey Jenn,First off, I am sorry to hear about this story, and I know you and your friends are going through some tough times right now. Honestly, I can't really tell you if I think she is faking or not, but the fact that someone took the phone from "Alicia" and said everything was alright makes me a bit suspicious... but I am no CSI.

I personally think that you should testify if you are asked, and just try to answer the questions as best as you can. If you do testify, make sure that the judge knows you were intoxicated at the time.

I hope this helps, and feel free to message me any time

Good Luck,

Brendan

(#3 (permalink)) Old
missjenn3317 Offline
Jenn
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jenn

Re: i need advice on something thats been bugging me - October 24th 2010, 07:45 PM

Thanks . I just dunno wat happened. Alicia has been known 2 b kinda a tramp 2 so idk if she had sex with him and freaked out when I notice she was high or not.....
  Send a message via Yahoo to missjenn3317  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
postup10101 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i need advice on something thats been bugging me - October 25th 2010, 12:45 AM

That's also a good point. You really just need to weigh your options and see which would be your best choice. Or maybe confront Alicia and tell her that you need the truth because you don't want to testify and put an innocent man in jail. Maybe that would work?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: i need advice on something thats been bugging me - October 25th 2010, 01:37 AM

Hey there, Jenn.

It sounds like you are being put in a pretty tough situation. Hopefully you'll come to a decision you're comfortable with.

Have you been subpoenaed to testify or just asked? If you've been subpoenaed you don't really have a choice because it's a crime to not testify.

Also, just remember that if you testify, you aren't sealing this guys fate. All you are doing is telling a judge (and a jury if there is one) what you experienced that night and they will make the decision from there. You don't have to give your opinion or take sides - just your story.

I hope you're doing okay right now. Feel free to PM me if you need anything.
<3 Emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

Closed Thread