TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Maggie

a bit scared - November 8th 2010, 09:38 PM

i have a family friend who is like a grandfather to me but after today i am a bit scared to be alone with him. he gave me a hug and then tryed to kiss me and make me kiss him i said no and got really scared. he stoped but i dont feel comfortable around him anymore. he is like 80? i havent told anyone yet just posted it here after debating whether to keep it to myself. idk what to do. i love him as a grandpa nd dnt want him in jail or anything but yea idk what to do.

please help?

i love you <3
  Send a message via AIM to MaggzB Send a message via MSN to MaggzB Send a message via Yahoo to MaggzB Send a message via Skype™ to MaggzB 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: a bit scared - November 9th 2010, 12:43 AM

Hey Maggie -

It's definitely NOT okay that he made you feel uncomfortable, and that he made you try to kiss him. It's not right for an older man to act this way around an 18 year old girl - it's not appropriate, and it's not fair to you. Remember that you have every right to say 'no' to him, and you absolutely should not have to be alone with him if you don't feel comfortable doing so.

I think this is something you should talk to a member of your family about.. one of your parents, grandparents, an aunt or uncle, any relative. Make sure an adult knows about this, okay? Someone who can speak to the family friend to find out what caused him to act this way, and to make sure he knows it's NOT okay for him to treat you like that.

You don't have to keep this to yourself, okay? I know telling someone may seem scary, but you don't have to keep quiet about this. Again, you have a right to tell someone, and there's no reason you should have to stay silent about what happened. It's absolutely, positively okay to talk to someone.

I'm around if you want to talk about anything - take care.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: a bit scared - November 9th 2010, 04:04 AM

Thanks sarah. I don't know if i will tell anyone because i just dont feel comfortable talking to anyone around me other then my boyfriend who is 17.

i love you <3
  Send a message via AIM to MaggzB Send a message via MSN to MaggzB Send a message via Yahoo to MaggzB Send a message via Skype™ to MaggzB 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: a bit scared - November 9th 2010, 05:11 AM

I'm really sorry that happened It is never okay if they made you feel uncomfortable. I know it must be scary to tell a family member, so I would just try and keep some distance from him for awhile and only be near him if there is someone else with you. Talking to your boyfriend about it can probably help as he could make you feel better and calm your nerves. If it ever happens again, just remember to say no and make it clear.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: a bit scared - November 9th 2010, 06:39 PM

thanks for the advice i told my best friend who is 19 today and he doesnt want me around the guy anymore alone. so i wont hang out with him or anything unless im around other people. i havent told my boyfriend yet. im scared to tell my boyfriend

[edit] i also later on told my sister and her boyfriend. they told me to ignore his calls and they will try their best to not leave me alone with him.

i also told my boyfriend and he was a bit dumbfounded he wished he could come right over and cuddle and comfort me.

i love you <3

Last edited by MaggzB; November 10th 2010 at 02:09 AM. Reason: more info didnt wanna double post
Closed Thread