TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kokorocks Offline
Average Joe

Name: Damien

Do you know what's pathetic? - November 16th 2010, 02:47 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Okay, I'm putting this in this section and you'll see why in a second.
For those who read my post about my family being abusive my entire life. [Check it out here: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f13-r...no-one-cares/] And how my sister was the worst out of my entire family. (Strangiling me, attemtping to kill me twice and beating me until my entire face was bloody and I was unconcious) Well, I thought I'd share something that I find quite...horrible.
This is my sister's first year in college. And last summer I found out that she's going to school to be a therapist. YES a therapist. And every time my parents congratulate her on her decision or she talks about It I just want to punch something.
It makes me SO angry. That's...like a rapist being able to teach sex education..in my opinion. and it's even worse, because when she was 18 (She still is) she'd STILL abuse me...(She's been in college while she's been 18)
Comments/Opinions/Questions welcomed.

Send a message via MSN to kokorocks  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Re: Do you know what's pathetic? - November 16th 2010, 05:51 PM

wow that is absolutely awful. she definately should not be allowed to do that, i mean where is the sense in that??? its absurd.. i totallyagree with you, pathetic..x

(#3 (permalink)) Old
here2help Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Grant

Re: Do you know what's pathetic? - November 16th 2010, 06:17 PM

Hi Damian, My name is Grant.

First of all I want to commend you on being able to talk about what your family is doing and how it is making you feel. It takes a special kind of person with something about them to be able to do that so Kudos to you.

You are right, what your family is doing to you is totally wrong (and also totally not your fault for that matter. You have a right to be safe and loved, not to have to live in fear and rejection.

As somebody that works with young people for a job and as a human being I must say how ashamed and sorry I am for how the system has treated you. You should of been listened to and it shouldn't have been let to get to your point, but that is their error not yours. Do not give up on the system, though keep trying. Never give up. A man named Nick Vudicic once said "Never give up, keep trying because if I fail and give up am I going to get anywhere? NO, It doensn't matter how many times you have failed, its how your going to finish that counts.

If your current counsellor is not listening to you now then perhaps you could try one of te hotlines in this thread? http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t22-hotlines/

Sadly as I only know about services available in the UK I cannot be any more specific. Apart from that try and get involved in things that you enjoy, get a strong network of friends around you, because the stronger that network gets the more able you will be to deal with whatever life throws at you. Whatever you do don't give up keep telling and telling and keep offloading, because it will only make you feel worse if you botttle it up.

I understand from a previous thread you are an atheist. I totally respect that and would never ever want to force feed religion down anyones throat. I will be praying for you though, because hey what have you got to lose.

Take care and stay strong,

Grant -G-MAN- Harman

P.S. I'm at the end of PM should you need it.
Sorry if the post seems long-Your worth it

(#4 (permalink)) Old
kokorocks Offline
Average Joe

Name: Damien

Re: Do you know what's pathetic? - November 16th 2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_sepi_x View Post
wow that is absolutely awful. she definately should not be allowed to do that, i mean where is the sense in that??? its absurd.. i totallyagree with you, pathetic..x
Thank you. I talked more with my mom again today and she said, "____ will make a great therapist, just you wait!" And I laughed sooo hard at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by here2help View Post
Hi Damian, My name is Grant.

First of all I want to commend you on being able to talk about what your family is doing and how it is making you feel. It takes a special kind of person with something about them to be able to do that so Kudos to you.

You are right, what your family is doing to you is totally wrong (and also totally not your fault for that matter. You have a right to be safe and loved, not to have to live in fear and rejection.

As somebody that works with young people for a job and as a human being I must say how ashamed and sorry I am for how the system has treated you. You should of been listened to and it shouldn't have been let to get to your point, but that is their error not yours. Do not give up on the system, though keep trying. Never give up. A man named Nick Vudicic once said "Never give up, keep trying because if I fail and give up am I going to get anywhere? NO, It doensn't matter how many times you have failed, its how your going to finish that counts.

If your current counsellor is not listening to you now then perhaps you could try one of te hotlines in this thread? http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t22-hotlines/

Sadly as I only know about services available in the UK I cannot be any more specific. Apart from that try and get involved in things that you enjoy, get a strong network of friends around you, because the stronger that network gets the more able you will be to deal with whatever life throws at you. Whatever you do don't give up keep telling and telling and keep offloading, because it will only make you feel worse if you botttle it up.

I understand from a previous thread you are an atheist. I totally respect that and would never ever want to force feed religion down anyones throat. I will be praying for you though, because hey what have you got to lose.

Take care and stay strong,

Grant -G-MAN- Harman

P.S. I'm at the end of PM should you need it.
Sorry if the post seems long-Your worth it
Thank you, I'm not upset as I used to be (used to be as in a year ago)...I'm kind of used to no one caring and no one helping me. So I'm not sad about it, also because I'm used to the abuse. So I'm totally fine. Though there is one adult that seems like she cares, my gender therapist. She says that if anything else physical happens to call her and she'll call D.C.Y.F. That made me happier than you would imagine. Anyways, Thank you very much, you are very kind. <3

Send a message via MSN to kokorocks  
Closed Thread