TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KiwiGal Offline
Perfect just as you are
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Beka

What will he stop at? - November 18th 2010, 04:36 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So, i thought it was over? but its not... he has been threatening me again, Threats with knifes, hitting me, i have a bruise on my leg, he hasnt hit me round the head recently, but im getting scared that he is getting worse again.
I dont know if i can go through it all again
Earlier in the year i had a conccussion for about a week from him repeatedly hitting me around the head.

He has just gotten into the air force, leaving in Jan, just after i move to Oz.
So i just have to last till then yes?
But then im scared that he has some mental issues as he just snaps, randomly and i happen to get in the way.
Im happy its me and not my mum, or a future girlfriend of his, But its tearing me apart and im TERRIFIED of my OWN BROTHER!
iTs not right, and im scared, the threats are getting more and more really..

I actually thought about ways to kill myself today [Edited by Emily. - graphic content]
Its getting to me now, I need help. I dont want him to get me, im scared he wont stop at what he does.... and there is more but it doesnt sound major but it makes me uneasy...but i cant post it here... i just cant

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
<3<3<3<3

Last edited by Emily.; November 18th 2010 at 10:54 PM. Reason: graphic content

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Miranda. Offline
Not a n00b

Re: What will he stop at? - November 18th 2010, 05:38 AM

Beka,

No matter what anyone does or says to you, you are still you, and you are amazing, so don't forget that.

As for your brother, does your mother know whats going on? In order to stop this, you're going to have to tell someone..and I know thats the hardest thing to do in situations like this, because he is your brother, and I understand that. But whats going on with him, it really needs to stop..because you aren't any lesser than him, and you deserve to be treated right. Its up to you to stop this, because he's obviously got something unstable going on in his head, and he needs help too, so don't tell someone JUST for your protection, but for his well-being as well..

BekaWifey, soon everything will turn out, so please don't give up, just hang in there, because you don't know what amazing things could possible come to you in the future..and its not worth giving your life up for, nothing is, because you're life is more valuable than you will ever realize..so just keep hanging in there..for your sake<3 You're loved more than you realize, and nobody wants to lose you!

Listen to this song when you're really feeling down, maybe it'll help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeKI8biAglU

If you ever need to talk to anybody, I'll be here for you! Love you Beka<3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
KiwiGal Offline
Perfect just as you are
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: What will he stop at? - November 18th 2010, 06:11 AM

I honestly am trying Wifey, i try and try and try, and when im feeling like about out of the rutt, he explodes again and pushes me back down..
this may be nothing (this is my question from on msn earlier) but its.. gah..umm this is hard to say like i said its like nothing and i think he does it to annoy me but he like ermm touches my boobs.... and i tell him not to, but he does, its not a gropy touch its a like poke kinda tounch.... it's proberly nothing and im over reacting right?
I just dont like it it makes me really uneasy... and i think im being paranoid but im worried if he can hurt me he could over power me and do worse things...but im being paranoid right

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
<3<3<3<3

Last edited by KiwiGal; November 18th 2010 at 06:21 AM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: What will he stop at? - November 18th 2010, 11:25 AM

No, you're not being paranoid, he is obviously a serious threat. In the United States this is considered sexual abuse and assault, a felony. You should tell someone in a position of authority.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: What will he stop at? - November 18th 2010, 11:52 AM

I agree, Beka, you have to tell someone.

It's not fair that you don't feel safe in your own home. Please tell someone, even if you only have until January with him it's still worth telling.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
KiwiGal Offline
Perfect just as you are
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: What will he stop at? - November 19th 2010, 02:10 AM

I dono who or how tho

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
<3<3<3<3

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Colt Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: What will he stop at? - November 19th 2010, 03:19 AM

Beka, I do not know when you leave for Australia, but it sounds like you could still be around your brother for another month or so. Quite frankly, that doesn't sound the slightest bit safe to me.

I think you should contact either CYF's or the Police.

You cannot just "wait it out" till Jan 10th when he leaves for the Air Force. Thats far too long to be around a guy who is a threat.

Do your friends and parents know you are in danger right now? If your brother is threatening you again, do you have somebody you can contact?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
KiwiGal Offline
Perfect just as you are
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: What will he stop at? - November 19th 2010, 08:54 PM

I can run off to my mates place about 20 min walk away, as long as its not to dark as i live in the country... I've done it before and it really hurt my mum tho.
I have a few places to stay over the next month, so i spend minimal time with him. i leave for Oz 28 december....

Okay tell me if im crazy for this but... i still want to protect him, if someone hurt him i would go and hurt them... I'd fight for him, cos he is family. Im just sick of the perosn getting hurt.
Idk if he means the threats or not thats the scary thing, what if he really does hurt me, but what if im just being a woss?
I've made my mind up that if i get seriously hurt i will go to cops, or if i end up with bruises on my face

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
<3<3<3<3

(#9 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: What will he stop at? - November 19th 2010, 09:42 PM

To be honest with you, it would be better that you take a proactive approach, rather than a reactive one, you need to report it and take steps to protect yourself before he has a chance to do something bad to you. You may feel the way you do because you feel you have a bond with him, but these feelings are very very common in abusive relationships and why many girls end up choosing to stay with their abusers. Your safety is what's paramount.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
KiwiGal Offline
Perfect just as you are
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: What will he stop at? - November 25th 2010, 05:45 AM

but im not in a relationship with him... He is much my mothers son as i am her daughter... it would distroy her, im hopefully going to the doctors sometime thisweek for other things and i might talk to her about it....partly. Buut I Cannot tell on him!
I CANT

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
<3<3<3<3

(#11 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: What will he stop at? - November 28th 2010, 04:49 AM

This is what I'm talking about, you're trying to protect him because of the "family" bond. You need to do what you need to do to protect yourself. Your mother will understand okay?
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
KiwiGal Offline
Perfect just as you are
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: What will he stop at? - November 28th 2010, 11:01 PM

I've managed a weak with bearly any fights... and the fight we had was my fault... maybe things are turning around?

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
<3<3<3<3

Closed Thread