TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives


You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Misslostintears Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Misslostintears's Avatar
 
Name: Daisy
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Location: Connecticut

Posts: 234
Join Date: July 3rd 2011

Exclamation im not alowed to eat - November 11th 2011, 11:37 PM

So I'm a bit over weight. And my parent don't allow me to eat.they say I wil get fatter. So he ony feel me once in a while. I barey eat breakfast and lunch I can't eat because I don't have free lunch. Dinner is what I sometimes eat depending on if I can. I don't know what to do? I can't eat or ill get grounded


IN MY FIELD OF PAPER FLOWERS AND CANDY CLOUDS OF LULLIBIES, I LIE INSIDE MY SELF FOR HOURS, AND WATCH MY PURPLE SKY FLY OVER ME - IMAGINARY BY EVANESCENCE

to love someone is such a beautiful thing,
Keep it in your heart forever
And show it when you need to
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
AlabamaForever Offline
MissKayla
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
AlabamaForever's Avatar
 
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 46
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 18th 2010

Re: im not alowed to eat - November 11th 2011, 11:48 PM

I'd talk to a trusted adult ( teacher, counselor,coach exc.) because if that's happening it's not right and it is considered child abuse!


So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough
*********
 
Philomath's Avatar
 
Name: Christina
Gender: Female
Location: Where the books are

Posts: 2,282
Blog Entries: 135
Join Date: July 25th 2009

Re: im not alowed to eat - November 11th 2011, 11:57 PM

Hi,

I agree with the above poster, if you are being denied food, that's not right. I'd find someone to talk to if I were you. Let a teacher at school know what is going on and they should be able to help you.


"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Spoons Offline
Too tired to give a fork.

TeenHelp Veteran
*************
 
Spoons's Avatar
 
Name: Dez
Age: 23
Gender: They/them.
Location: Connecticut, USA

Posts: 19,537
Blog Entries: 139
Join Date: November 16th 2010

Re: im not alowed to eat - November 12th 2011, 12:19 AM

Daisy, yes, report this. Someone really needs to help you and get you out of this situation. I am really worried about you, and this is considered child abuse.


   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict
************
 
Coffee.'s Avatar
 
Name: Traci
Age: 27
Gender: she/her/hers
Location: North Carolina

Posts: 8,133
Blog Entries: 639
Join Date: October 29th 2009

Re: im not alowed to eat - November 12th 2011, 01:38 AM

Hey there,

As everybody has said, I would talk to an adult you trust. This can be a counselor, but if you and your counselor are not terribly close, a neighbor or teacher would be great as well! What they are doing is not right. Being overweight does not mean to be starved by your parents. If your parents are sufficiently worried about your weight, I would recommend you all see a doctor to be able to figure out a healthy plan for healthy weight loss. What they are doing is mere abuse.

I would also recommend you talk to some friends and until this can either be taken care of by the adult you trust or a plan is written out by a doctor, get yourself some food. Maybe somebody can bring you breakfast in the morning, or a sandwich in the afternoon. I would sometimes have picnics with my friends, it was nice, and it doesn't seem like your just mooching. Just tell them the situation, and I'm sure they will understand and be happy to help you out.

I'm going to move this to Rape and Abuse, because I think it is more fitting to abuse than eating disorders. If anybody disagrees, feel free to PM me.


I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"

Last edited by Coffee.; November 12th 2011 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Spelling D:
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Chair Offline
I'm a chair.
Average Joe
***
 
Chair's Avatar
 
Name: Chair FritzFurniture
Gender: monoecious
Location: Some dark warehouse

Posts: 161
Join Date: October 25th 2011

Re: im not alowed to eat - November 12th 2011, 09:25 AM

Ask your parents to take you to the doctor to figure out a healthy diet. If they still refuse to take you to the doctor and help you with a healthy diet + exercise, then you should tell a counselor, etc.

Last thing you need is having child services take you away because you took advice from a bunch of people who thought it would be OK to take every word you say for its face value and tell you to rat your parents out.
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict
************
 
Coffee.'s Avatar
 
Name: Traci
Age: 27
Gender: she/her/hers
Location: North Carolina

Posts: 8,133
Blog Entries: 639
Join Date: October 29th 2009

Re: im not alowed to eat - November 13th 2011, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chair View Post
Ask your parents to take you to the doctor to figure out a healthy diet. If they still refuse to take you to the doctor and help you with a healthy diet + exercise, then you should tell a counselor, etc.

Last thing you need is having child services take you away because you took advice from a bunch of people who thought it would be OK to take every word you say for its face value and tell you to rat your parents out.
I see where Chair is coming from, but I very well doubt you will be taken away if you talk to an adult you trust. I bet at most, there will be talking to your parents about this from Child Services, but they are not going to come in and start taking you away. Please do not be afraid of the authority with child services, they do their best to help children, and keep them with their families, they're not out there to try to take children away. What your parents are doing is abusive, so do not think you are being over-dramatic. If you are hungry, you need to eat, whether or not you are slightly overweight or not.


I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while
********
 
Guile's Avatar
 
Name: Guile
Gender: Male
Location: United States

Posts: 1,616
Join Date: January 24th 2010

Re: im not alowed to eat - November 14th 2011, 06:22 AM

Depends, how much is "not feeding you?" Are you not getting your favourite portions, or are they literally saying 'No food today!" I would also like to point out, that your parents do have a right to choose a diet for you, as long as it is not within abuse levels.


Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
ARTPOP Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
ARTPOP's Avatar
 
Name: :)
Gender: Female
Location: Everywhere

Posts: 1,283
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: September 9th 2010

Re: im not alowed to eat - November 15th 2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
Depends, how much is "not feeding you?" Are you not getting your favourite portions, or are they literally saying 'No food today!" I would also like to point out, that your parents do have a right to choose a diet for you, as long as it is not within abuse levels.

Agreed, are you actually going hungry or being fed what is the bare minimum?

Have you spoken to them? They may have smaller appitites and feed you according to how they eat.

Don't assume i'm being nasty, i'm being sensible. I'm sorry but you can't jump and tell a teacher "my paprents are starving me" when if this is untrue will get them into trouble for no reason




I'm a superstar because I do pageants!
   
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Spoons Offline
Too tired to give a fork.

TeenHelp Veteran
*************
 
Spoons's Avatar
 
Name: Dez
Age: 23
Gender: They/them.
Location: Connecticut, USA

Posts: 19,537
Blog Entries: 139
Join Date: November 16th 2010

Re: im not alowed to eat - November 15th 2011, 10:49 AM

She never comes in with lunch, I always share. She tells me sometimes it's been a day or two since she's last eaten, texts me that she's hungry. That her father isn't letting her eat, when I ask why she says because she's fat.


   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
ARTPOP Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
ARTPOP's Avatar
 
Name: :)
Gender: Female
Location: Everywhere

Posts: 1,283
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: September 9th 2010

Re: im not alowed to eat - November 15th 2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez View Post
She never comes in with lunch, I always share. She tells me sometimes it's been a day or two since she's last eaten, texts me that she's hungry. That her father isn't letting her eat, when I ask why she says because she's fat.

Oh, do you know her? And if it is this extreme then would try talking first. If all else fails, speak to a trusted adult




I'm a superstar because I do pageants!
   
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Spoons Offline
Too tired to give a fork.

TeenHelp Veteran
*************
 
Spoons's Avatar
 
Name: Dez
Age: 23
Gender: They/them.
Location: Connecticut, USA

Posts: 19,537
Blog Entries: 139
Join Date: November 16th 2010

Re: im not alowed to eat - November 16th 2011, 01:36 AM

I've known her in real life since the 6th grade. It's all gotten sorted out today I'm thinking, or is starting to.


   
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while
********
 
Guile's Avatar
 
Name: Guile
Gender: Male
Location: United States

Posts: 1,616
Join Date: January 24th 2010

Re: im not alowed to eat - November 17th 2011, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez View Post
She never comes in with lunch, I always share. She tells me sometimes it's been a day or two since she's last eaten, texts me that she's hungry. That her father isn't letting her eat, when I ask why she says because she's fat.
To be technical, if you're fat you won't starve to death until you're skinny!


Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
ARTPOP Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
ARTPOP's Avatar
 
Name: :)
Gender: Female
Location: Everywhere

Posts: 1,283
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: September 9th 2010

Re: im not alowed to eat - November 17th 2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
To be technical, if you're fat you won't starve to death until you're skinny!



Guile that's rude
And I still suggest talking to them about a diet, not starvation.

However, I will add, are you being starved by yor parents, or hiding starving yourself? Just a question

xx




I'm a superstar because I do pageants!
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
alowed, eat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.