TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hunter

I feel like Dying - March 26th 2012, 05:36 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Around 6 or 7 months ago, I got raped by my oldest brother's best friend. Does anyone know how to, I don't know, cope? I feel, well that's just it, I don't feel anything. I probably sound pretty stupid but I can't think straight and I just don't know what to do.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Castiel's Angel Offline
She turned me into a newt!!
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ellie

Re: I feel like Dying - March 26th 2012, 09:45 AM

I can't even begin to understand what your going through, but I'll do the best I can to help.
All you really need is time. You went through a very traumatic experience recently and I know that it is hard to just forget about it and go on with your daily life, that will take time.
Another thing you can do is talk to someone about it, not so much to tell them everything about what happened, but just to help cope with the repercussions of what happened.
If your not comfortable talking to someone then writing your feelings down in a diary could be helpful, or writing poetry, or playing a sport, or even drawing. Just anything that you can completely lose yourself in.
Hope I helped
Best wishes xx

Be proud of your place in the cosmos. It is small, and yet...
it IS

HelpLINK Mentor: 26/3/2012- 4/11/2012
Buddy:13/7/2013- 27/12/2013
HelpLINK Mentor: 28/02/2015-

Send a message via Yahoo to Castiel's Angel  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: I feel like Dying - March 26th 2012, 10:20 AM

Did you report the rape? If not, I suggest it, but do know you don't have to if you don't want to, I just think it may help a bit. As for ways to cope, it just takes time after something like this. I highly suggest therapy or counseling, it can really help a lot to have a professional there with you giving you professional advice. Meanwhile, you should talk to someone you trust, a therapist, counselor, even a friend. You don't need to deal with this alone. If you can't talk to someone, write it down, and if your worried someone will read it, you can burn it, or shred it after wards. Write down EVERYTHING that is bothering you, whether it's related to the rape or not, get all those feelings out there on paper, and burn it or shred it, even soak it in water and rip it up tons of times. It may sound silly but it can help, and give a sense of ripping up or burning those bad feelings.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: I feel like Dying - March 26th 2012, 05:35 PM

Hey there,

I'm really sorry that this has happened to you. You don't sound stupid or anything, honestly.

Some coping mechanisms:
  • Talk to someone. A doctor, nurse, therapist, counselour, friend, family member, etc. It would surprise you how much talking to someone can actually help.
  • Write a letter to your abuser. You obviously don't have to send it. You can shred it, burn it, or store it away. Whatever feels okay for you personally.
  • Distract your mind. If you find yourself thinking about the rape, stop yourself immediately and do something else. Watch your favorite TV show, draw, dance, etc. Do something that you like to do.
  • I find that Yoga really helps. It's healthy for your body and it relaxes your mind.
  • Finally, surround yourself with supportive people and distance yourself from those who aren't too supportive. It's important that you feel loved in this time of need.
What happened to you is not your fault nor do you deserve to dwell on it. You deserve happiness and to move on. I hope that some of these techniques are of help to you. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm always around. You are NOT alone. <3

Please take care,
~Brittany

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hunter

Re: I feel like Dying - March 26th 2012, 09:37 PM

Thank you guys so much. This really helped me, actually. Talking about it helped a lot, too. When I told my best friend (who's also my boyfriend) it felt good to just-- let go of a part of me I kept hiding. He even didn't feel any anger or anything towards me I had thought that he'd hate me since I never told him... But it turned out okay

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: I feel like Dying - March 26th 2012, 09:48 PM

I'm so glad that you've found support in your boyfriend. That's wonderful!

Closed Thread