TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Michy_Blackrose Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michy

Arrow Update :) - May 6th 2012, 12:58 PM

Hey, just wanted to post an update.

I'm still adjusting to my current old combo of medication, it's helping to keep me more stable, but also having the side-effects that they generally come with, and i'm adapting more to that now. I have mental illnesses, and in some ways I don't want to quash my 'natural' personality or mind with pills, but i recognise that that is the option more beneficial to me, including starting therapies again next week, than not taking them.

I bought a regular feelings diary and a mood diary yesterday, which I've still to write in, but i've taken on board suggestions from my 'Upswings - BPD' thread, which could be useful in helping me track my moods for possible alternate diagnoses apart from BPD and comorbid Depression, so thanks for advice on that.

Generally, i'm doing all right at the moment. I'm slipping back slightly into alcohol use, but I know I can always reach out for support from AA and my previous Substance Abuse service. I'm not taking any recreational drugs anymore, which is a big positive.

There are still big difficulties in my ex, which whom i've both been trying to negotiate a successful relationship again, but he finds it very difficult to deal with my 'bad BPD' episodes, and mood swings in general, he has MDD and has a very low stress threshold, which manifests in physical pain and Conversion Disorder. But we're trying, in our grey-area, Complicated Relationship, to go back to going slowly again and seeking help for our respective mental illnesses.

Hope everyone is trying to stay as strong as possible, and having a relatively good day. Keep striving, I do my best to, too.

Michy. x

And I was in the darkness,
So darkness I became.

<3
  Send a message via MSN to Michy_Blackrose  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Grapefruitlife Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Smile Re: Update :) - May 6th 2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michy_Blackrose View Post
Hey, just wanted to post an update.

I'm still adjusting to my current old combo of medication, it's helping to keep me more stable, but also having the side-effects that they generally come with, and i'm adapting more to that now. I have mental illnesses, and in some ways I don't want to quash my 'natural' personality or mind with pills, but i recognise that that is the option more beneficial to me, including starting therapies again next week, than not taking them.

I bought a regular feelings diary and a mood diary yesterday, which I've still to write in, but i've taken on board suggestions from my 'Upswings - BPD' thread, which could be useful in helping me track my moods for possible alternate diagnoses apart from BPD and comorbid Depression, so thanks for advice on that.

Generally, i'm doing all right at the moment. I'm slipping back slightly into alcohol use, but I know I can always reach out for support from AA and my previous Substance Abuse service. I'm not taking any recreational drugs anymore, which is a big positive.

There are still big difficulties in my ex, which whom i've both been trying to negotiate a successful relationship again, but he finds it very difficult to deal with my 'bad BPD' episodes, and mood swings in general, he has MDD and has a very low stress threshold, which manifests in physical pain and Conversion Disorder. But we're trying, in our grey-area, Complicated Relationship, to go back to going slowly again and seeking help for our respective mental illnesses.

Hope everyone is trying to stay as strong as possible, and having a relatively good day. Keep striving, I do my best to, too.

Michy. x
Michy,
you've got my best wishes and support, you know that. I wish you luck and even more strength.
The mood diary will probably be a very good idea, I'm thinking of starting something like that myself.

you're amazing!
xx

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Symphony. Offline
"You're the only light."
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Re: Update :) - May 6th 2012, 03:06 PM

Glad to hear you feel as though you're doing alright. Sometimes getting better can be hard, but it's worth it in the end!
I understand all too well people having problems with dealing with your mental disorders. I dont have BPD but I have OCD, and I've gotten people fed up with me not being able to do certain things. It sucks, but people are becoming more tolerant for me. I wish you the best!

"What's done in the dark will be brought to the light."
Associate HelpLink Mentor

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Michy_Blackrose Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Update :) - May 6th 2012, 03:12 PM

I have traits of OCD, but not fullblown enough for a diagnosis, so i know that can be hard too. Thanks for your support

So darkness I became.

<3
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
survivor16 Offline
Like a skyscraper. <3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Shelby

Re: Update :) - May 6th 2012, 06:50 PM

That's great, Michy!! Keeping a journal helps tons of people, that's great that you having started one.

I hope that you continue to go in the right direction! This is great news.
We are here for you,
Shelby

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Michy_Blackrose Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Update :) - May 6th 2012, 11:04 PM

I've been having a rougher evening, feeling flat and more empty, meds causing it or otherwise, plus the drowsiness is really starting to annoy me, so it's been difficult. But I started writing in both my diaries and that's helped a little, also kept distracted by half-watching with Tim Burton films. I really need all the support I can get, IRL and online. So responses are much appreciated...

Going to get some sleep now... :/

Goodnight, everyone. *tries half smile* x

So darkness I became.

<3
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Grapefruitlife Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Update :) - May 7th 2012, 09:17 PM

Hey michy,

I'm flat myself, but I'm thinking of you and I hope you'll be able to get some rest! Miss you! xx

(#8 (permalink)) Old
survivor16 Offline
Like a skyscraper. <3
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Update :) - May 7th 2012, 11:03 PM

Hey MIchy!
I'm sorry you are feeling bad again, but you said it's the meds that are making you drowsey?
Hopefully this will go away, since I thought that I read that you just started these new meds. If so, that's normal at the beginning.

Maybe there are some things you could do to stop feeling flat? It's great that you are still journaling and writing your thoughts out! But have you thought of something active?
Exercise gives people energy and sometimes it helps me become more mentally alert. This is just a suggestion.

I hope this start looking up for you again! Remember how well you have been doing.
Shelby

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Michy_Blackrose Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Update :) - May 8th 2012, 12:06 AM

They're my old combo of meds, I just recently started them again so I know the side effects Still sucks, though.

Thanks for your response and support.
x

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivor16 View Post
Hey MIchy!
I'm sorry you are feeling bad again, but you said it's the meds that are making you drowsey?
Hopefully this will go away, since I thought that I read that you just started these new meds. If so, that's normal at the beginning.

Maybe there are some things you could do to stop feeling flat? It's great that you are still journaling and writing your thoughts out! But have you thought of something active?
Exercise gives people energy and sometimes it helps me become more mentally alert. This is just a suggestion.

I hope this start looking up for you again! Remember how well you have been doing.
Shelby

So darkness I became.

<3
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
survivor16 Offline
Like a skyscraper. <3
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Update :) - May 8th 2012, 01:47 PM

That makes sense, and it really sucks! :/
I hope that you are able to get used to them sometime soon.
No problem! If you need anything message me, okay?

Closed Thread