TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Somethings fucking wrong with me - May 11th 2012, 01:55 AM

I don't know how or why I just remembered, something jogged my memory. I was badly drunk over a year ago and couldn't remember a damn shit. Just 5 minutes ago it came back to me that I couldn't get to sleep that night and got pissed off so I knocked myself out on purpose against my beside table.

Memory came back 100% vivid as if it happened yesterday. I don't know what the fuck to think of myself. Funny? A little. Crazy, yes... fucking crazy. I'm a jackass.

Makes me wonder if anyone else has ever gotten anywhere near as pissed off and reckless due to not being able to get to sleep. Anyone?

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Silvia Offline
Average Joe

Name: Silvia

Re: Somethings fucking wrong with me - May 11th 2012, 09:27 AM

Well, I think it was because of the alcohol. Sometimes if you are very drunk you lose it and do things that you'd never do being sober. Just try not to do it again and don't drink so much that u lose control

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Michy_Blackrose Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michy

Re: Somethings fucking wrong with me - May 11th 2012, 09:50 AM

Sometimes hitting your head can 'rejostle' or 'rejog' your brain, it's often seen in movies, but it can work! I don't advise doing that generally, though.

Are there any other symptoms you've experienced in terms of memory loss, and for how long?

Here for you.

Michy.

And I was in the darkness,
So darkness I became.

<3
  Send a message via MSN to Michy_Blackrose  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Somethings fucking wrong with me - May 11th 2012, 10:40 AM

I've had some odd memory losses other than this also happen but for different reasons.

Maybe I was dreaming?? I don't know. It has happened that sometimes I wake up and think that I said some things to my mum that I never did because I was asleep when it happened. Awkward situations arise from that kind of shit. I once had a dream maybe 3 years ago that my parents bought me a Ford Focus for my birthday. I woke up in the morning and asked my mum where's my car.

Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Michy_Blackrose Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Somethings fucking wrong with me - May 11th 2012, 11:11 AM

Have you discussed possible Narcolepsy or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome with a doctor?

It might help.

So darkness I became.

<3
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Somethings fucking wrong with me - May 11th 2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michy_Blackrose View Post
Have you discussed possible Narcolepsy or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome with a doctor?

It might help.
Nah I haven't. I wouldn't think I've got narcolepsy. I don't randomly fall asleep just like that. It's happened occasionally in the morning when I'm tired but that's it.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Michy_Blackrose Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Somethings fucking wrong with me - May 11th 2012, 03:47 PM

Perhaps you suffer from Dissociative Disorder symptoms. A therapist/psychologist could diagnose this with more accuracy, at least that's what it sounds like to me.

So darkness I became.

<3
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Re: Somethings fucking wrong with me - May 11th 2012, 04:22 PM

I think you guys are way too quick with saying she has a disorder. It was the alchol I believe that made her act that way. As for the thinking your dreams are real sometimes that has happened to me too I dought its some disorder. I get the same way Ill wake up and think this happened when it really didnt.

What you have to do BDF is stop and think before you say like your example wheres the car. You need to stop and think about it in your head thats what I do then the realization that its not real didnt happen will pop in your head soon after. Then you wont be asking stupid questions if you just stop and think before. Thats what I do and every thing is fine then.
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Michy_Blackrose Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Somethings fucking wrong with me - May 11th 2012, 04:32 PM

We're just suggesting possible diagnoses, if this has been an ongoing problem. But yes, I agree, other factors can be an influence. Hence my questions

So darkness I became.

<3
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Somethings fucking wrong with me - May 11th 2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDF View Post

Memory came back 100% vivid as if it happened yesterday. I don't know what the fuck to think of myself. Funny? A little. Crazy, yes... fucking crazy. I'm a jackass.

Makes me wonder if anyone else has ever gotten anywhere near as pissed off and reckless due to not being able to get to sleep. Anyone?
I'm assuming when you're sober you don't normally turn to your bedside table. From the sounds of it, you were shitfaced. I sometimes had trouble getting to sleep for various reasons, although I never turned to my bedside table for relief. I knocked myself out when drunk although it was accidental. I was with friends, we were having a good time and sharing laughs, and decided to do "drunken boxing" from a Mortal Kombat game. Somehow it turned into a sprint and knocked myself on the side of the doorway. Mix of funny, crazy and idiotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michy_Blackrose View Post
Sometimes hitting your head can 'rejostle' or 'rejog' your brain, it's often seen in movies, but it can work! I don't advise doing that generally, though.
I know you wrote this with good intentions, but I couldn't help laugh for a minute. A hit to the head isn't going to "rejog" your brain, it's going to perhaps cause some bleeding, remember Hollywood and reality aren't exactly the same. The brain can be somewhat "rejoged" using ECT, although that carries quite a few risks.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#11 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Somethings fucking wrong with me - May 11th 2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauri View Post
I think you guys are way too quick with saying she has a disorder. It was the alchol I believe that made her act that way. As for the thinking your dreams are real sometimes that has happened to me too I dought its some disorder. I get the same way Ill wake up and think this happened when it really didnt.

What you have to do BDF is stop and think before you say like your example wheres the car. You need to stop and think about it in your head thats what I do then the realization that its not real didnt happen will pop in your head soon after. Then you wont be asking stupid questions if you just stop and think before. Thats what I do and every thing is fine then.
IMA MAN

The thing with the car, was that it felt like somehow the memories from my dream got fully "grafted" into real life, apart from that I managed to somehow recall that it never actually happened. Anyway... it was a freak occurrence.

I think that the combination of alcohol, sudden rage attack from sleeplessness, and knocking myself out, totally blanked my memory that night. I don't often get really angry anymore, although obvious alcohol makes most people more 'volatile' and reckless in those ways. I used to have pretty bad problems with anger in the past so I rarely drink heavy. That's one of the main reasons, amongst 2 others.

Closed Thread