TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sammy

DLA form has me sooo panicky.... - May 30th 2012, 04:45 AM

Basically, i filled out a DLA form yesterday. And now i'm so anxious i can't sleep. Just petrified that i've lied in it.

Basically the supporter helping me write it, said you need to say about your worst day. So i did, but that doesn't sum up every day of my life. So it feels like it's not true.

Also- i've very much exagerated the role of my boyfriend as a carer. Is he likely to be contacted- as he's writing the bit about who knows me best. I haven't lied. Again it's just taking the worst day bits. And also things that i need but don't have. Like need someone to get me up in the mornings. I don't have that so i don't get up. So in teh application i put that i need my bf to wake me up each day. Does that make sense. Is it ok?

Also, different professionals know different aspects of my difficulties. And many i told for the first time today. So i'm anxious they'll think i'm making things up.

Does anyone know about the follow up. I'm petrified they'll call me or interview me.

In case you hadn't guessed i'm going for it under anxiety :P

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount7

Edit avatar

Re: DLA form has me sooo panicky.... - May 30th 2012, 08:04 AM

You've done it fine. I was exactly the same when me and my CPN filled it in, it felt like lying because not all days were so bad. But you have to consider that you're applying for it because on your very worst days, you are disabled, mentally. In my case, I forget to take care of myself and can't leave the house. This isn't every day, but it happens frequently and it's debilitating. Don't worry, you're not lying, they expect you to fill in all the honest, miserably gory bits of when you are at your worst.

Good luck with your application, mine was accepted and now I'm using it to pay for Therapy

Closed Thread