TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MidnightMay Offline
Regular TeenHelper

trying out new people - June 5th 2012, 08:43 PM

Tomorrow I have one session with someone I am trying out.... I have two other people but sadly I kinda already judged them. Each by their phone call and the way they answered my questions. I hope tomorrow morning goes well and that one of the three is ok. I don't think I have ever been so nervous my stomach was upset. I hate finding someone new it is way to hard. I don't think anyone could ever replace the one I had last.

feel free to PM me...

Always keep a smile on your face and Lots of love in you heart! <3

Dont wear a mask and suffocate
take it off and breathe

Earth without ART is just EH...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Silvia Offline
Average Joe

Name: Silvia

Re: trying out new people - June 6th 2012, 05:58 PM

Hey, how did the appointment go??

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: trying out new people - June 6th 2012, 06:25 PM

Hi there,

I don't know where you live and whether you have had your appoinment already but if you haven't, just remember its okay to be nervous about it. I think that is perfectly normal. Its a big thing, meeting someone new but remember this is to help you and you can go at your own pace in regards to how much you start to tell them.

If you have had it, you're more than welcome to talk to us about it went. I hope it went well!

Keep smiling,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MidnightMay Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: trying out new people - June 6th 2012, 09:38 PM

I guess that it went ok but my old one called to check after and I am going to try her another session and see where it lands and still try the next. The only thing that I am kinda ehh about it she said I am 3 mo. pregnant..... I dont know what about it that bothers me but it does

feel free to PM me...

take it off and breathe

(#5 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Re: trying out new people - June 6th 2012, 11:46 PM

If your way too young to have sex and way too young to be a mom then I bet thats what she meant like umm what lead you to have sex way too young. Because I know like some mental disorders like bipolor in the manic phase can make you wan to have sex so bad even when you know you shouldnt have sex espcially if your not married.

I all most all the time every time I see my therapist get really nervous so its noraml. I hope it works out for you.
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: trying out new people - June 7th 2012, 01:54 AM

Lauri, the OP is married. Chances are the therapist commented on the pregnancy because 1) hormonal changes can lead to severe mood swings, 2) physical changes can lead to fatigue/nausea, and 3) pregnancy can place a social and financial strain on the mother and other family members. The therapist may have commented on the pregnancy because it's going to affect their treatment plan in the long-term, and it's something to keep in mind if the OP is on medication or debates going on medication while pregnant and/or nursing.

Seeing a therapist for the first time can be awkward. Since you've seen someone before, you know that it can take a while for a real relationship to develop, so you may need to give one of these three individuals several sessions before deciding whether or not it's a good fit for you. Trust your instincts, and don't be afraid to ask questions or tell the therapist what you want to talk about/work on during the first couple of sessions. The more involved you are in your own therapy, the more satisfied you will be with the outcome, even if you ultimately decide you would be better off with a different therapist.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
MidnightMay Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: trying out new people - June 7th 2012, 02:02 AM

Thanks and I am a little worried on going to see them all a lot because of insurance and money. I am glad we have TRI-CARE but the money I have to pay until the prime kicks in is killing my husband and I. I am going to catch up with my old counselor in a week so I can figure everything out. I really wish I could still see her....

feel free to PM me...

take it off and breathe

(#8 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: trying out new people - June 7th 2012, 03:56 AM

If you want to stay with her then stay with her see if you guys can stay in contact by phone or email. Or if you know where she lives you could wait for her to come out side.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: trying out new people - June 7th 2012, 04:40 AM

I have Tri-Care as well, so I understand that it can be a financial strain at first, and that there are a lot of hoops to jump through in order to get the help you need. Perhaps it would help to see your therapist every other week vs. every week (so you're spacing out the out-of-pocket payments), and going to free support groups on your "off" weeks? Your therapist may also be willing to lower her fee for the first couple of sessions, so that you can get more bang for your buck while paying out-of-pocket. Once Tri-Care kicks in, you could go back to the usual rate with your therapist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauri View Post
If you want to stay with her then stay with her see if you guys can stay in contact by phone or email. Or if you know where she lives you could wait for her to come out side.
On another note, I highly discourage the OP (and everyone else) from seeking out your therapist (former or current) at their home residence. While it is technically legal to look up a person's address and visit them at their home, it is illegal to do so repeatedly when the contact is not wanted. At that point, it is considered "stalking," and you could face criminal charges. There is an implied trust between a therapist and their client - it is understood that contact should not take place at a therapist's home residence. By visiting your therapist's home residence, you would be violating that trust and jeopardizing your relationship with them. That is all in addition to the risk of facing criminal charges. So please, don't even consider this as an option, under any circumstances.

Last edited by PSY; June 7th 2012 at 05:25 AM.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
MidnightMay Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: trying out new people - June 7th 2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauri View Post
She lives on the otherside of the country and I am a person to person type person. Thakns for the idea though.

And thanks my tricare to the prime I should be covered by July. I am glad i got off standard.

feel free to PM me...

take it off and breathe

(#11 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: trying out new people - June 8th 2012, 01:47 AM

I would stay in contact by phone if possible if you really love her.

The house thing was just a joke
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
MidnightMay Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: trying out new people - June 8th 2012, 03:37 PM

There is always that optoin and ya I like her but I am not comfortable with talking on the phone. I am not into that and also time difference would not help very much. I also think moving to new people can help get a new perspective on some of my problems and can find someone capable of helping me with other things. I am nervous to meet new people that is just human and sometimes I need to learn to adapt to change.

feel free to PM me...

take it off and breathe

(#13 (permalink)) Old
MidnightMay Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: trying out new people - June 11th 2012, 09:20 PM

Tomorrow is my next appointment and I feel kinda weird about it. The thing that gets me now is that it's at her house.

feel free to PM me...

take it off and breathe

(#14 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: trying out new people - June 11th 2012, 11:40 PM

YOUR SO LUCKY ITS AT HER HOUSE HOW COOL. Why dont I ever get lucky and find these kinda of therapist arggg.
Closed Thread