TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

Trouble trusting people. - July 10th 2012, 01:47 AM

I'm have trouble trusting people, I mean, I worry deeply about asking so many questions on here and people thinking "Oh, she's annoying." or when I tell them something deeply that bothers me and I worry they will laugh at me but not tell me and them just be really nice. But not telling me.

I want to be able to get that past my mind but I seem like I can't seem to do that as in real life I've been back stabbed and people causing me shit before my high school year ended. I mean I wonder who my friends are on here. I also worry about making friends on here and then having them hate me or something.

I never really made fights or pick fights on here as I find no one mean. But when I look at their profiles I fear speaking to them because I'm worried they will be mean to me. I worry some of the mods here when I ask for help won't be friendly as I had two Live Help operators ignore me/were no help.

Are my fears normal or am I insane? Wait, you don't have to answer that one... I'm insane...

I don't know if this belongs here or not, but it seems like it should as this is about my mental status and my mind.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Melwirth Offline
Average Joe

Name: Melissa

Re: Trouble trusting people. - July 10th 2012, 08:50 AM

Lots of people have trust issues. Most of the time it has to do with the fact that their trust has been abused or something to that affect and it sucks but of course it something to work on but on the internet might not be the best place to start trusting people, quite honestly be careful with trusting others on the internet. Work on your real life relationships that is the best place to start but on this website if someone is judging you or saying mean things then they don't really have a place being on here, if you need help then go ahead and ask don't be ashamed. and if you need anything or any advice feel free to message and I would be happy to help Keep your head up

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Trouble trusting people. - July 11th 2012, 02:54 PM

Hi there Kate.

Firstly, I am incredibly glad that you have come to us here for some help. I can see that you making this post was probably a really big step for you but well done, you did it!

Now, firstly I am sorry that you haven't had good experiences with LiveHelp. I hope I am right by saying it was a simple mistake and that the person had a bad internet connection etc. Do know that we are here for you and you are not alone.

I think with everything thats happened, its understandable that you have problems trusting others and being able to open up to them. I don't have anything to say which can change that but know this; You control what you say. Yes, the emotions of fear, anixety etc what you may feel before talking to someone are unpleasent, but they're not going to hurt you. You're stronger than those emotions and you can beat them and get the support you deserve.

Just know we're here. If you ever need to talk, you're more than welcome to talk to me.

Keep smiling,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MidnightMay Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Trouble trusting people. - July 14th 2012, 02:14 PM

I understand what you feel with being scared to post on here. I was really scared at first with mine wondering if people would ever help me. I found that the only things I never got help with is the things people might not have been through or know anything about. I have yet to meet someone on here who is incredibly rude and make fun of someone and their problems. I am very sorry you had that experience on Live help and I hope that doesn't stop you from continuing to ask on here. I also don't think that you are insane at all. Like the other two offered you can always PM me. I am almost always on except for when I work. I hope you get help and advice that you need and more friends if thats what you seek.

J.A.A.

feel free to PM me...

Always keep a smile on your face and Lots of love in you heart! <3

Dont wear a mask and suffocate
take it off and breathe

Earth without ART is just EH...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Every note makes up a symphony
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Re: Trouble trusting people. - July 19th 2012, 05:54 AM

Hi there,

I noticed that you may not have enjoyed your conversations with the LH operators. I pulled up a transcript and noticed that I had spoken to you, and you seemed to be doing better and having a good conversation. I apologize that this was not the case, and I do wish you confidence and luck in your future endeavors.

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness"-Chinese Proverb

Piano, Flute, Bassoon, Acoustic Guitar, Cello, Electric Guitar

LiveHelp Operator August 13th, 2012 General Forum ModeratorDecember 22, 2012 Videos Officer March 19th 2013

Closed Thread