TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Andie

Now I'm a Narcissist - August 21st 2012, 09:42 AM

I just got over my 3 years of depression 1 month ago yesterday.
But in the past 2 weeks or so,I've been Very full of myself.Putting myself first Way to much,and I have a feeling it's hurting the people around me.
Dont get me wrong,I love this.Its totally amazzing compared to the depression,and I Never want it to end.I went from -10 self-esteem,to +20.But it's getting out of hand.me screaming 'I AM THE AWESOME PRUSSIA!'in everyone's ear all day.

Believe the tunnel can end, believe your body can mend.
Yea I know you could make it through cause I believe in you.
---"GO";Boys like Girls.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Now I'm a Narcissist - August 21st 2012, 11:00 AM

First of all, that's awesome that you're doing so much better, and I definitely think you should be proud of yourself for that. However, you said you noticed you might be hurting people around you which isn't good. Maybe it would help to try to think a minute before you speak, and imagine if you would want the same thing said to you. If not, you probably shouldn't be saying it. After you do this for a while, you shouldn't have to think about it as much anymore. It's good that you recognized this; so many people never do, or if they do, they don't care to do anything about it. And I don't think this makes you a narcissist.

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Amorphous. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Hamed Khatiz

Re: Now I'm a Narcissist - August 21st 2012, 11:09 AM

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooood evening in Australia, awesome person. Congratulations on getting better, you really deserve it and you have definitely worked hard to get better and get where you are now, tackling Depression is no mean feat.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo proud of you even though I have never met you haha. . Anyway, onto your question. You say you THINK this might be hurting your friend, you should ASK them and figure out whether they find this irritating or whatever.

If they say no then fine, they are not irritated and it is their problem if they are but if yes then no sweat. Just tone is down a couple of notches at least when around THEM and then they will be fine.

You know YOUR self esteem is through the roof, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo high and you are feeling the rewards of that, you're happy, you have just got to be able to tone down SHOWING how happy and confident you are.

Your self esteem's not going to change within you no matter whether they are irritated or hurt or whatever, you're still a very happy girl but if they are irritated then just don't show that as much around them.

Hope that makes sense.

Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeery easily fixable problem, very easy indeed. Just ask them and then tone it down a bit if they are annoyed, your self esteem is still the same and you deserve it.

Congratulations, awesome person.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

H.

“At times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place,
But believe that there is much more good in it than bad.
All you have to do is look hard enough,
And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.”

~My Childhood Friend.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Now I'm a Narcissist - August 23rd 2012, 04:11 PM

This fits more in Mental Health, so I will move this over there. I am glad you are doing better. Have you been diagnosed with anything?

Are you very hyperactive? Feel you aren't needing to sleep as much? Very energetic? If so, it could be a Manic episode, which ties into Bipolar Disorder, or a similar mood disorder.

Either way, I would speak to your doctor since this is a sudden change in your personality.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Now I'm a Narcissist - August 23rd 2012, 04:47 PM

I'm really glad to hear that you're doing better! It's something you should be very proud of yourself for. It could also be the reason for your narcissistic behavior. You're used to feeling low and not liking yourself much, right? The fact that those feelings are gone is probably a huge shock. Because of that, you could be trying to amplify your new feelings about yourself to make sure they stay.

It's all about finding the balance. Right now, you're at a point where you've gone from one extreme to the other. If you can find the balance between caring about yourself and caring about others, you'll be set! Talk to the friends that you think have been most affected by your behavior. Apologize to them for the way you've acted recently and explain the situation to them. Let them know that you really would like to change the way you've been acting and ask for their help. Chances are, they'll be more than willing to point out the times when you're being a bit self-absorbed and help you get back on the track of caring about others, while caring about yourself.

Remember, you do deserve to have concern for yourself and your well-being. Putting yourself first isn't always a bad thing, as long as you continue to think about others when it is necessary. I know you can do this! You just need to be willing to put in the work.

Take care!

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: Now I'm a Narcissist - August 24th 2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cant_hurry_love7 View Post
I just got over my 3 years of depression 1 month ago yesterday.
But in the past 2 weeks or so,I've been Very full of myself.Putting myself first Way to much,and I have a feeling it's hurting the people around me.
Dont get me wrong,I love this.Its totally amazzing compared to the depression,and I Never want it to end.I went from -10 self-esteem,to +20.But it's getting out of hand.me screaming 'I AM THE AWESOME PRUSSIA!'in everyone's ear all day.
Dude, welcome to the club. Pour yourself a Brewski.

Being at the top of the world is an awesome feeling, don't let anyone knock you down, and if you're proud of who you are, that's all that matters!

(Yourself > Everyone is the greatest feeling in the world)

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)

Closed Thread