TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Confused - August 26th 2012, 04:25 PM

The past few days my mood has been really strange. I don't feel anything. Just kind of feel numb towards everything. I get the occasional outburst of anger but besides that it's nothing. I don't want to get out of bed, don't want to go out, dont want to talk to people or anything :L I don't know why Im feeling like this. At the same time I feel restless, Im absolutely exhausted but I feel so restless, like i go up and down expecting the same rooms to change my mood but it doesnt work. I cant stay in one room for more than long unless its my bedroom. But even that I dont want to be in no more. The past few days Ive ended up laying down on the sofa in the living room, totally unable to move, exhaustion taking over. I never lay in the living room, ever, especially if there's family there. So me doing this worried even my mum who normally doesnt pick up on anything. Ive not been able to sleep, and I have completely lost my appetite. I feel like there's something not right. I was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder 2years ago and was hospitalised last year for months.. Ive been home nearly a year (well it will be a whole year on the 31st of August) and i take my antidepressants regularly. I don't know, but it doesnt feel the same as when i was depressed before. Ive never entirely been happy but my mood has been better than this. Its just exhaustion, i am so tired so so tired but i won't fall asleep till after 4am, i feel so drained out, emotionally drained out and it's having such a bad physical effect on my body. I haven't eaten for 3 days because i just dont have the appetite, sometimes i think 'i actually want to eat' but by the time i get to kitchen i cant stomach anything at all. and go back upstairs.. It's not even the ED although my mum thinks it is.. Its just my mood, mental state, i really dont feel right. i dont know why ive wrote it all here, i just needed to get it out my system..

''No pressure, no diamonds''

There may not always be a direct answer to a problem, but there is always a way to get through it.
Strength is the best quality of the human mind and body, and I believe everyone has it; whether they believe it or not. Look for that tiny glimmer of hope deep inside yourself and once you've found it let it blossom, glow and illuminate your life.

I'm always here if anyone wants to talk.

x x x

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Confused - August 30th 2012, 01:14 AM

I'm sorry you're going through all this right now, Sabah. Since you've already been diagnosed with MDD, I'd recommend talking to your psychological professional and receiving some more assessments/tests. This could be due to the MDD (and a change in medication may alleviate the symptoms), or this could be due to something else. It may be impossible to know until you get checked out.

Closed Thread