TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

I want to stop seeing my mental health nurse(s) - August 29th 2012, 10:43 PM

She's no use. I just find her patronising. I'm fine on my own right now. My self-esteem has improved and I'm much less depressed. I still have some problems speaking to new people but I'm a lot better than I was. I'm also much less anxious in general.

I've sorted most of this out by myself. It had very little to do with her.

For some unknown reason she referred me to another mental health nurse who I'm seeing tomorrow. I doubt she will be much use either.

I'm just sick of seeing them.

My dad is telling me to keep seeing them because it will be hard to start seeing them again in future if I'm signed off the mental heath register. I don't think I will need them again. He just over-complicates everything, as per normal -_____-

Leave me alone >____<

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: I want to stop seeing my mental health nurse(s) - August 29th 2012, 11:09 PM

You may not want to hear this but I can see where your dad is coming from. Yes, you feel better right now and you feel that your nurse has been no help to you, however he's very right in saying it will be hard to get back into the program once you've left.
I have no idea what your diagnosis is, but I'm going to assume depression from what you've said. Research has shown that a person who has had depression once in their life is much more likely to have one again than the general population. Once you've had two you even more likely, and so on and so forth.
Trust me when I say that while you feel better now, there's always a chance you could start to feel depressed again. Wouldn't you like there to be someone you can talk to if that situation were to arise?

Also, maybe this new person will be of more use than the last? Some people just aren't good at their jobs, it happens in every profession. They do the minimum, they don't go the extra mile, and they sometimes really just couldn't give a rats behind about things. On the same token there are people who are awesome at their jobs, for all you know this may be one of those people.

I say to stay with your psych nurse for as long as you're allowed to, it really doesn't do much harm staying with them does it? Whereas leaving them and then finding out you needed them later on could really suck when you need to start all over from the beginning again.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread