TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Aidee Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation im scared and i dont know anymore - September 5th 2012, 06:09 AM

i want to know why i panic have shortness of breath become anxious and dizzy, incappable to speak or give any emotion other than cry?
my mom and family stress me out and with school and work its hard to stay bubbly and happy when all you want to do is lock yourself in the room and be sad. when my mom bashes me day after day about something wrong i did or a missunderstanding she yells and yells screams and yells and i cry, no not cry panic, i loose my breath and my neck muscle twiches i start thinking things, bad things its crazy i cant control myslef.. i dont know whats wrong with me...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Zayn1992 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Zayn

Re: im scared and i dont know anymore - September 5th 2012, 11:52 AM

It sounds like you may suffer from anxiety and depression, not that I'm qualified to diagnose of course. I understand how you feel because I have them too. I want to be happy and enjoy life desperately but sometimes it's just impossible. Don't worry sweetie it will get better, I promise In the meantime please feel free to message me if you want to talk to someone. Stay strong!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: im scared and i dont know anymore - September 6th 2012, 01:09 AM

Hello, Aidee! Welcome to TeenHelp. =)

Mental disorders can have numerous causes. Some are biological in nature, and some are environmental. In this case, it sounds like the causes of your distress are environmental. Who WOULDN'T feel the way you do if their parents were constantly stressing them out, putting pressure on them, yelling at them, etc.? Your mind is overwhelmed by it all, and as a result, your body is being affected and acting out the distress (feeling dizzy/short of breath/"out of control").

If you can address the unhealthy relationships with your mom, then these symptoms may begin to go away. It may help to bring a trusted adult into this, so you can safely communicate with your mom. One idea may be to tell a teacher or guidance counselor about the emotional abuse and how it's affecting you both mentally and physically.

I wish you all the best. Feel free to keep us updated!

Closed Thread