TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LONE Offline
crab paste
Not a n00b

angry. - September 24th 2012, 06:31 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I think I have anger issues and i cant see a counsellor, i dont know what to do:/
The tiniest things set me off. Even just someone being nice to me will make me wanna rip their head off. I spend at least a few hours everyday just trying to calm myself down and i always end up beating up my wall and cutting the hell out of myself.
I have been trying like calming music, steering clear from people, breathing etc when im angry but its not really working and they always make me really low afterwards.
I've also been getting these really violent dreams which aren't really helping..
Thanks for any advise.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: angry. - October 15th 2012, 01:41 AM

Hey there! Anger management can be difficult to learn unless you can contact people who have dealt with it, whether in a professional or personal sense. Is there anyone else you can contact aside from a regular mental health counselor, such as a school counselor? Perhaps you could look up anger management groups within your area and attend some meetings. Talking to people who have "been there, done that" and learned how to effectively deal with their feelings could go a long way.

I'd also like to direct you toward an article on TeenHelp, called Conquering Your Anger. It provides some more coping techniques, which you might want to experiment with the next time you feel like your anger is becoming uncontrollable.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: angry. - October 16th 2012, 09:16 PM

Hi there.

It's great you've been trying a few things to try and help yourself. You seem to try and engage in relaxation techniques. Have you thought about trying something different? How about starting running or something sporty? I know a few people who find engaging in sports relaxing for them which helps them to deal with their anger.

Can I ask why you can't have counselling? PSY had a good idea too about looking into anger management groups. If you feel you need it, there is help out there so don't be afraid to reach out for it. And if there is anything you want to talk to us about, know that you are more than welcome to do so. We'll always try our best to help you,

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread