TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Exclamation October 5th 2012, 02:15 AM

Hey guys, so, I don't know if this goes here or in general health, feel free to move it.

Okay, last night, after ten, or twelve I can't remember. I went to sleep and I remember being injured in my dream. When I woke I shut off my alarm and sank back into bed because my calf was really tight and sore, like I had pulled the muscle or something! I hadn't done anything before I slept rather than type up a few pages on my book and then read. In the dream, I think I was running from this darkness and then I felt pain. Yeah yeah, can't feel pain in dreams, but it actually did. So, I"m wondering if I'm losing my grip on reality. I mean, my calf really hurts, and I'm not a wuss about pain, I can barely walk it's that bad!
When I went back to sleep this morning, I kept blinking to keep me awake and then it was as if I was seeing through this window into a parallel universe or something, no joke. I mean, I could still see my ceiling but also this world. I don't know what to do. I already know I'm borderline schizophrenic.

This is not a big deal, is it? It's just a bit scary since I don't want to have to tell my mother. I'll tell my therapist but that's all.

Thanks for anything you guys say.

Jay.

Oh, just remembered: A few months ago I was sitting in class and I looked at my arm and saw these red scratches. I didn't know how I got them nor did I know when. This was in first period when I noticed and I was conscious that morning... Do I need help?

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

Last edited by PSY; October 10th 2012 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: Pain - October 5th 2012, 07:28 AM

For the first bit (the pain in your leg), it's possible to get cramps in your calves when you're doing absolutely nothing. A few things help - some people are magnesium or zinc deficient, which makes it worse - you need to see a doctor if you think it's something like that - and eating bananas helps prevent cramps.

So yeah, have a banana in the afternoon, because to me that sounds like a leg cramp. To help with the pain - stretch out your leg as straight as it will go (it will hurt like crazy but you need to do it), then massage the muscle. Cramps are generally caused by a build up of lactic acid in the muscle, and massage helps stimulate bloodflow, which moves the build up and helps your muscle to relax again.

As for the random scratches, I have absolutely idea how that one happened.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Pain - October 5th 2012, 07:39 AM

Thanks for the help

The scratches really concerned me they looked like cat scratches but I don't have a cat.

If it helps, less than half an hour ago I had a flashback of one of my foster parents dragging me. I was screaming and dropping to the floor so she was practically dragging me, I was crying as then she threw me into my room and I landed on my wrist, immediately I felt the pain flare up in my wrist and I was shivering, even though my room is quite warm. It always is with my windows shut and my door closed and both computers on.

I feel like I'm losing it
I want this to stop.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lucy

Re: Pain - October 5th 2012, 07:05 PM

I know how it feels. I'm schizophrenic, and I don't know what's real and what's not real. But it's diferrent. I don't know if the people I see is real. I have to make sure someone else can see them. They're real for me. And there's a lot more that I think is real, where my doctor says it isn't real, but I don't know - because I can't tell what's real.
But I know the feeling when you're having strange/bad dreams, and you wake up, with the same feeling.

I'm sorry I'm not for much help.

Hugs Lucy. x

private message & visitor message
I'm here for you, if you need to talk.

I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles.
Laurie Halse Anderson, Wintergirls

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Pain - October 6th 2012, 07:16 AM

I appreciate you messaging me. Like I said I am borderline so I was also wondering how it would begin? Everyone in my family (mum's side, gran, aunts, uncles [blood ones] and two of my cousins have pschosis, paranoia or another mental illness.. My dad had pschosis with a twist of drug addiction which made him really dangerous, and I have his blood in me). I inherited most of the things that count from my grandmothers, both have a type of schozophrenia but only one doesn't have bad symptoms.

So I know I'm at risk and then add that with PTSD I don't know how much of a risk I am now and it just feels impossible. I used to get glances of things, things that weren't there.
Once I screamed at an apple because I (remember on snow white, original, when the apple is dipped into the potion and there was a skull on it?) I saw that.
Also, I'm really paranoid. I mean, everywhere I go I se crows and my friend always pipes up there is a murder around (flock of crows) and there is always at least one following me. Well, I don't know if it's following me but it freaks me out. And I always think I have a death omen hanging over my head.

Ugh, it would be so much easier to commit suicide but I promised I wouldn't and if I lived I'd feel really guilty for breaking it!!

Jay.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
JustACityBoy Offline
Telemachus
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Carl

Re: Pain - October 6th 2012, 07:41 AM

Well we commonly dream of what we are experiencing.
Because your experiencing pain, as it gets more painful, well the "man in black" from your dream is coming. The PTSD may be a factor, but I'm sure its fine.
I actually dreamt about a noise in my dream, and then it kept getting louder and louder and then I woke up, with my clock blaring.

What lies ahead is unknown. However, in some times, I've sighted several smooth pavements. I myself am the mender of roads, and it is with these we work on.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Pain - October 6th 2012, 07:48 AM

I think that darkness is my past coming back to the surface. It lay dormant for 3 years, probably because it was mostly burry but I knew it had happened and that it was bad. Now I have resentment over it. And when I pass where I used to see my mum every thursday and friday I freeze and can't breathe and I just follow it with my eyes as if it's a dangerous snake and it may strike if I'm not looking.

I hate my memories and how they surface, pushing me back there. I am free of it but I'm not at the same time, make sense?
I only hope I don't have a flashback at school :/ but that may just show me of one when the boy blames me for shit I didn't do and he did. Although, I think I may have done it but I can't remember for sure.. ARGH! I hate all this uncertainty and disorganisation in my head!

Jay.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Pain - October 6th 2012, 04:39 PM

As said above, the pain in your leg is probably just a cramp. That happens sometimes to me too, a lot of times from doing nothing, and it is really painful.

About the scratches, it is possible that you scratched yourself while you were sleeping, especially if you had a dream where you were injured. What I would do is check to make sure there's nothing sharp around your bed and keep your fingernails short and see if this helps.

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.

Closed Thread