TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PurpleMoon Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Billie

My moods are so wacky - February 25th 2013, 11:54 PM

I feel like I have no control of my moods I have good days a bad day though a lot more bad days then good.

Let me explain, I can wake up like the happiest person in the world and get excited over anything and everything but it wont last for long I then get depressed where I wont want to talk at all sometime not even be in the same room with people and I will just want to be left alone. When Iím depressed and angry I will snap at people for no reason, or I mean people will ask me how I am and I will snap that Iím fine. Sometimes I feel like I donít know how I feel I donít know if I happy for sad.

Does anyone else have these issues? Or dealt with these issues?

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Memento mori - Remember you must die

Memento Vivere - Remember to live

Carpe diem - Seize the Day

ďMan cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.Ē -Andre Gide

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: My moods are so wacky - March 1st 2013, 06:54 AM

Anyone who says they HAVEN'T had times when their moods were "wacky" is probably lying. =P There can be any number of reasons for this happening. For me, I usually notice this happening when I'm stressed out over personal relationships. I can handle academic and occupational stressors... but when things aren't going well with loved ones, I'm a moody mess! I think it's important to look at what's going on in your life and see if anything could account for these "wacky" moods. Apathy/ambiguity regarding one's mood can also occur when a person is dealing with a lot of stressors.

I'm not sure how old you are, but hormonal imbalances are something else to keep in mind. Maybe you're not a young teenager, but if you're an older teenager/young adult and are taking birth control or other hormone-altering medications, eating certain foods, not getting enough sleep, etc., then that could play a role mood-wise.

Becoming more self-aware has been the greatest "cure" for me. If I know I'm upset, and know what's causing me to be upset, I can prevent myself from snapping at people (ex. asking to be excused and explaining why I had to do that after calming down). We can't control how we feel, but we CAN control our actions. Explore the possibilities I listed above, and make a deliberate effort to stop yourself from hurting others when you're in a "wacky" mood. If that still isn't enough, and these "wacky" moods persist, then you may want to consider seeing your physician to rule out conditions that could cause moodiness.

Closed Thread