TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Charlotte199 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Charlotte

Question my personality 'changes' with moods?? - July 27th 2013, 11:10 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

basically, im the most hormonal teenager you'll ever meet. i'll have multiple mood swings a day/night, i'll break out into fits of laughter randomly for no reason and my confidence can go from low to alright with a click.

okay, i have two like moods that can change the way i act and see things. one mood is my depressed mood. i feel suicidal, have no confidence and have urges to cut my entire body, want to smoke and drink alcohol, have conversations with myself about how alone i am and how everyone hates me and wants me dead. i can also snap at the smallest things. and sometimes during these moods, i rarely shower because i think "what's the point?"

my other mood is my happy, confident one. sometimes i'll be very excitable over nothing and start acting really childish and silly. i'll barely be able to sit still so i'll be up and about dancing or doing other things to keep my on my feet. my confidence is higher than usual and i'll put make-up on (which is rare for me), style my hair nicely and put on nice clothes. i'll shower regularly and keep myself tidy.

it's confusing me but in these moods i'll see the world in different ways. in my depressed mood i'll say the world 'sucks' and is 'horrible' but in my happy mood i'll love the world and say it is 'beautiful'. im on no medication either so there is no side effects and i have been told i am depressed by my GP.

"No matter how hard your rock bottom is, you can rise above it and you can come back."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Re: my personality 'changes' with moods?? - July 28th 2013, 02:55 AM

Definitely sounds like it could be depression. I would consider getting this looked into and see what the doctor says and then they can help get you on the right medicines or whatever they feel will help get you a bit more stabilized.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: my personality 'changes' with moods?? - July 28th 2013, 04:34 PM

Michael is right. Maybe the happy, confident mood is just you outside of the Depression..? I know girls who, despite not wearing make-up much, just decide to pretty up for a day to feel nice, so that's actually fairly normal. Haha.

Anyways, just maybe get some help for the Depression, and then things should fall into place nicely.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Charlotte199 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Charlotte

Re: my personality 'changes' with moods?? - July 28th 2013, 06:48 PM

I get counselling every week and i have 7 sessions and i've already had like 3 or 4 sessions so it lasts through summer break. i also will be getting support at school but i don't feel like any of it is working?

"No matter how hard your rock bottom is, you can rise above it and you can come back."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: my personality 'changes' with moods?? - July 29th 2013, 12:37 AM

3-4 sessions doesn't usually cut it for people. I mean, think about it. That's less than 4 hours with a psychological professional. You can only cover so much ground in such a short amount of time. Additionally, if you're learning coping skills, it's going to take you a while to get the hang of those (ex. addressing maladaptive thoughts). It takes a great deal of practice. I don't say this to discourage you - it's wonderful that you're seeking help through the summer, and that you'll be getting help during the school year! I'm saying this because, unfortunately, many people will give therapy a brief shot, then say, "it didn't work for me." They "quit" before they really give it a chance, which is a shame. Hang in there, and if you have any frustrations or concerns about the process, talk to the person you're seeing! Ask if there is anything else you can do outside of your therapy sessions to "speed up" the process a little bit. Maybe there are some more exercises you can do throughout the week, to really hone in on the skills you're learning about in therapy.

Closed Thread