TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LRenae Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lindsey

Two Minds: One Person. - November 19th 2013, 09:25 PM

I have been having a problem with myself regarding my mind. I'm going to try to explain this the best way I know how to.

I feel like there are two parts of me. One part is wild, dark and very rebellious. The other part is very proper, mannered, quiet and polite.

Now, I understand that this may be describing everyone but the thing that I'm concerned about is that I don't remember things that I do whenever this dark side is awake. It's as if there are two people within me. One is awake while one sleeps and then within time, they switch. I hardly remember what takes place.

The other night, I was out with friends, having a nice time (I wasn't drinking though) and I don't remember what took place. Then the next morning, the good part of me was alive and had to deal with consequences of everything that took place the night before when the wild side was awake. I have no idea what is going on. I thought about going to a psychiatrist but I'm not crazy.

Any advice is welcome. I just need help. I don't know what is happening therefore, I don't know how to make it go away. It's as if two parts of my brain are competing. One day, I am somebody and the next, I'm someone else and I hardly remember anything that is done.
I just need advice so I can make sure nothing bad happens in the future.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Two Minds: One Person. - November 19th 2013, 09:28 PM

If you are starting to black out or having trouble remembering what is going, I would recommend seeking professional help, especially if you are concerned that something bad could happen.

It could be a variety of issues and no one can fully assess you without talking to you in person. For your safety, I would recommend beginning to research mental health services in your area. Also, if you have insurance I would also look up providers and see if you need a physician referral.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dasim14 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Two Minds: One Person. - November 23rd 2013, 04:02 AM

Sometimes people become double minded it is not a big issue. Sometimes i also become double minded which i go to jogging or not. Jogging is enough for today or i have to exercise also etc....

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Two Minds: One Person - November 23rd 2013, 06:09 AM

Mental health professionals are not for "crazy" people. There are plenty of "normal" who see mental health professionals because they have a difficult time coping with certain life events. It is perfectly acceptable to see a psychiatrist, psychologist, therapist, counselor, etc. in order to receive further evaluation, especially since the issue you're having is negatively affecting your life. What you're describing sounds like dissociation, which could result from a number of mental OR medical conditions. One step you could take would be to meet with your regular doctor first, in order to rule out medical conditions. From there, you could receive a referral to a psychiatrist. Keep in mind that a 15 minute evaluation isn't likely to uncover the source of the issue... a thorough evaluation can take a number of hours to complete, which may take place over the course of one long session or several shorter sessions.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Re: Two Minds: One Person. - November 23rd 2013, 05:50 PM

Hi there. I just wanted to let you know I've merged both your threads together. You only need to post once in the most appropriate Forum for your issue, which is this one (Mental Health) so all future responses will be in here.

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.

Closed Thread