TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hayleyirock Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,803, Level: 11 Points: 5,803, Level: 11 Points: 5,803, Level: 11

Depression and anxiety, hooray - April 1st 2014, 08:51 AM

I went to the doctor and the doctor says I have anxiety and most likely have depression. Yay... I've been feeling really low for the last couple of months but two months ago, everything changed. I had a panic attack and sudden thoughts came to my head like 'what if i don't love my boyfriend?' Before this, I was sure I was in love with him, from what I've experienced with love. He's amazing to me but I can't seem to feel the same. The doctor said that the depression can cause me to lose my feelings as I've lost a lot of feelings towards him and I isolate away from my friends. I feel really lonely too. He's always there for me and last night was a breaking point again. I got really upset when my boyfriend said he felt tired and worn out and I knew it was my fault. At 11, his internet went and we couldn't talk but I got so upset and started getting suicidal thoughts, I rang him crying and apologising. I don't want to break up with him, I want my feelings and love for him to come back. It's okay when were together but he has exams coming up so it's gonna be hard to see each other. Were going out a year in three weeks that makes me happy-ish. It's very hard for me to be happy and I've lost a lost of motivation too. Things tat i used to love doing, don't really appeal to me anymore and I've lost appetite too. I used to be obsessed with pizza and now it's like 'effort'. I say this a lot. I break down in school cause I'm really upset and confused about my feelings for my boyfriend. He hasn't done anything to upset me and all of this just came suddenly. We've been through a lot and he's always been there for me. I don't want things to end and neither does he but it's getting hard. I'm supposed to go see a psychotherapist soon so I hope that'll help. I never wanted any of this to happen and if I could, I'd go back in time just so I could be happy and at peace. Even before we started going out, I was feeling low. Then it got to the point that after we started going out, my boyfriends ex started threatening us and my friends all thought I was a bitch and they didn't wanna be around me. After a couple of months, I got more upset and told one of my friends by accident that his ex told us to go for it and she tried setting us up. That changed a lot of things.

My friends went crazy at me for not telling them and they felt so bad and understood more and they were there for me. They always were but more so after this. A lot of things have happened between my boyfriend and I. Rumours started going around that he was cheating on me with my best friend and they were flirting but I didn't believe them. My best friend, in all fairness was flirty with him but she didn't mean any harm as she used to like him at one point too. It's hard cause I go to a different school from all my friends and my boyfriend. A lot happened in 2013 for me. Some good, some bad. I'm an emotional person so if anything upsets me, it'll upset me a lot. When one of my childhood friends moved away, I was so upset. I self harmed twice but stopped myself cause I didn't think it was fair on other people and I knew that things would get better. But now I've really given up hope. I keep getting a suicidal and negative thoughts and I don't want then there. My relationship is on a very thin line and at this point I'm desperate to get things better and make everything okay with my boyfriend, my friends and family.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I've been here a while

Points: 22,903, Level: 21 Points: 22,903, Level: 21 Points: 22,903, Level: 21

Re: Depression and anxiety, hooray - April 1st 2014, 09:07 PM

Hi there!

It seems like you're in a really rough situation. I'm really sorry that you've been dealing with all of this relationship stress and on top of that, you've been struggling with depression. It's great that you're going to see a therapist soon! I think that will really help. I think you should definitely keep pushing for a therapist until you get one. Have you talked to your parents or someone else you trust about how you've been feeling? Suicidal thought are not good things, so you should seek support on those issues along with the depression. It's great that you stopped self harming, though.

Have you talked to your boyfriend about the feelings you've been having? Maybe it would be helpful for him to know what you're going through. Communication is really important in relationships, so I suggest talking to him about the depression and the confusion. Also, I think it would be good to have an even bigger support system by talking to your boyfriend and other trusted people about how you're struggling.

I'm that you had such a bad year. But, again, it's really great that you're going to go to a therapist to get some help. You should be really proud of yourself for taking that scary step. Here is a list of hotlines for you to check out if you need to talk through your feelings. I also suggest that you participate in some clubs, activities, or sports to get out of the house and have some fun. I hope this helped and I wish you the best.

vm-pm
♥♥♥
Find your light in a new dawn.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Closed Thread