TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
helppls Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,902, Level: 11 Points: 5,902, Level: 11 Points: 5,902, Level: 11

I feel very lonely :( - March 13th 2014, 02:56 PM

In my school, I don't have anyone who I can call a ''friend''. I don't go out to the mall and anything and just stay at home.I'm sick of it.Going to an international school I thought I was going to have lots of friends, but no. The girls are so bitchy and rude. Please, I really want to talk to ppl who go through the same thing..
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Usernames Suck Offline
Average Joe

Points: 6,558, Level: 11 Points: 6,558, Level: 11 Points: 6,558, Level: 11

Re: I feel very lonely :( - March 13th 2014, 08:15 PM

Hi,
I had a similar experience at one point.

Why are you having a hard time making friends? Is it because of something you do that hurts others? Do you simply have different interests from those around you? Is it that you're the new kid in school? Do you have trouble finding motivation to talk to others? Knowing what's causing this problem could help us give you better and more specific advice.

In any case, it could help you to find friends outside of school, or even talking to people at your school you may not have met yet. Some of my best friends when I was a teenager didn't attend my school or were in my year but not in my class. It could help you a lot if you find any clubs or extracurricular activities in your area that interest you, that will give you a chance to meet people you wouldn't meet in your regular classes.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24

Re: I feel very lonely :( - March 15th 2014, 01:34 AM

Hey, there.

I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating situation you seem to be in. Creating and maintaining friendships isn't as easy as some people think. Depending on various situations and environments, it can be extremely difficult to accomplish this task. The best bit of advice I can give you is to get involved. Join clubs, sports, teams, study groups, volunteer, or even get a part time job. All these things open doors for you to create new friendships. You should also become more active within the class room. You can do this by participating more, getting involved in groups activities, talking to your neighbor (i.e., classmates), or helping out another student who is struggling in that particular subject.

Overall, the only way you may be able to create successful friendships is to get involved. Remember, creating and maintaining friendships is a trial and error process. You will gain new friends, and you will also lose some friends. Nonetheless, continue to push yourself, get involved, and in the meantime, try your best to not get discouraged.

Best wishes,
Chris

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
— Malala Yousafzai
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: I feel very lonely :( - March 15th 2014, 01:44 AM

Any friends I had at school weren't really that great of 'friends' until I reached Year 10 and met a few nicer people who I'm still friends with to this very day. Back in secondary school I found it hard to make friends because I was so shy that I could barely say a word to someone and it didn't help I have an uncommon personality where I can say/do things that aren't really considered part of the 'norm' in the school. When you're nor part of the 'norm' you tend to feel like an outcast and it's an extremely horrible feeling.

I never went out shopping or met up with friends after school. I never went on long-distance school trips or stayed away from home. My family wouldn't allow me to do much of anything and although it was to protect me, it crippled my confidence, my self-esteem and my social life.

After you leave school, this will be where you're going to truly shine. You'll be able to go to college, do courses you enjoy doing and the best part of all is that instead of people being in those same classes as you because they had to, they'll be in the same classes as you because they want to be, this means that you'll be able to meet people who have similar interests than you and in turn, you may end up making some great new friends along the way. As you grow up, your life will slowly unfold into so much more.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
helppls Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,902, Level: 11 Points: 5,902, Level: 11 Points: 5,902, Level: 11

Re: I feel very lonely :( - March 15th 2014, 05:16 PM

thnx alot. i have less than 2 years left so I shall be fine
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Ryanviola Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ryan Viola

Points: 6,005, Level: 11 Points: 6,005, Level: 11 Points: 6,005, Level: 11

Re: I feel very lonely :( - March 19th 2014, 11:07 AM

There are only girls in the school. If guys are the same then also not to worry, be strong, take your regular schedule to the school. If something goes difficult share with your parents and can change your school and environment.
Closed Thread