TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Mental Health (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f14-mental-health/)
-   -   I'm confused.... (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f14-mental-health/t131074-im-confused/)

NeverGiveUpTrying May 17th 2014 04:02 PM

I'm confused....

I have these voice(s) in my head and they are like "urges" and tell me to cut. I don't know what to do about them because they usually lead to suicidal thoughts and self harm, etc.

Sometimes I get worried about what I would do if no one was around. Sometimes I think I'm going insane.

I CANNOT tell anyone about these things because they would call me crazy or something. I told one friend but I don't think they took me seriously.

I can't tell my parents because they DO NOT understand. I tried telling them about my depression and mood swings but they just shrugged it off.

And then I have another voice in my head and I can see him...

I don't know what to make from this....:(

Discontinuity May 19th 2014 01:07 AM

Re: I'm confused....

Hey there :) Welcome to Teenhelp. My name's Cheyenne (as you can see)...

When do these voices become apparent? Are they more auditory hallucinations, or persistent thoughts? These types of reoccurring ideas/urges are more common than you might think, especially in those with a history of self harm. However, at this point in time, I think it is imperative that you find someone you can speak to about this. Does your school have counsellors you can make an appointment with? If this isn't an option, sometimes your city will have outreach mental health services that are free to access and can put you in touch with any other services you need (i.e. psychiatrists, medical services, etc). There is a way out of this, there always is. <3 PM me if you want to chat further.

will was here May 19th 2014 01:11 AM

Dear Trying,

Don't lose courage. Sometimes stress can make hearing things and seeing things happen more often. Is there a lot of stress happening in your life?

Please know that the things your experiencing are not your fault. You didn't do anything to cause them and you most definitely can rise above this. It just takes a lot of being patient with yourself.

I hear voices sometimes too especially at night. What helped for me was pulling the covers over my ears or playing soft music.

Also I did some research on Angel therapy. I don't know if you're spiritual but you should check out some books by Doreen Virtue. That might be a good tool for you...

hmm let's see what else....

oh and keep busy! And don't surround yourself with tv shows or books that are really gruseom or violent.

I hope some of this helps.

Love,

From William

NeverGiveUpTrying May 19th 2014 01:43 AM

Discontinuity: Yes, I was actually planning on going to the school psychologist tomorrow! I think what you said was reasonable. it's probably because I self harm.

will was here: Thanks! I tried your suggestions and they work very well!

Sorry that I can't write any more at the moment, but thank you both very much!

Discontinuity May 20th 2014 07:01 PM

Good to hear :) PM me if you need more support!