TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
UsSally Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Normal or crazy? Advice? - May 18th 2014, 08:08 PM

There is a voice in my head. Her name is Kathariina (Kath) and she works for Angeelika who seemed nice and angelic at first but later betraed me. Kath is supposed to destroy me. She comes back every fall and winter. That is when I am the weakest and she is the strongest. We are very much alike but canít be friends because of her orders to destroy me. She has already made me start cutting and threatened me that she would make my life hell if I didnít give Kathriaania to her. Kathriaania (aka Dolphin land) is a world. My world. Where I used to be the ruler. Now Tut (past 9 year-old me) is the aire. I think she is now the ruler. But canít be sure bc I havenít been to Kathriaania for a long time. Anyway, I made a deal with Kath that if she wouldnít became ruler Iíd listen to her more while making desicions. Well, now she is gone. But I think sheíll came back this fall. I am afraid of it. I think she is getting a lot of rest for a big war. A war that she hopes to win and I only have a small chance of surviving. Am I crazy or just have a biiiig imagination?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Discontinuity Offline
arizona iced out boys
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cheyenne

Re: Normal or crazy? Advice? - May 19th 2014, 01:00 AM

Welcome, Sally.
First, I'd advise against using black and white terms such as 'crazy' and 'normal'. Mental health is a spectrum, and everyone falls on a different place. What you're describing could be many things: dissociative identity disorder, a vivid imagination like you say, PTSD...the list goes on. However, it is not my job to diagnose you - this can only be done by a trained professional, and a diagnosis is usually only given once the patient has reached age 18. A few questions - when do these voices become most apparent? What are you feeling/what is happening when you notice them? Dealing with the feelings or situations that trigger these manifestations of negativity may be a good place to start. If you're facing down something scary, this could be a reason for the 'big war' idea. Are you currently seeing a counsellor or have someone you could bring this up to? They will have more information on therapies that could help you. PM me if you need further help

ďBut some people canít tell where it hurts. They canít calm down. They canít ever stop howling.Ē
- Margaret Atwood

questions about BPD? PM me.

blog.

Closed Thread