TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Carly Jessica

Exclamation NEED HELP: My best friend attempted suicide now I think I might have pstd?????? - June 5th 2014, 10:49 PM

OK I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO OR THINK!!!!!!!!!
So just a few week one of my closest friend told me she had tried to kill her self the night before. Now I think I may have PSTD!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!
she has an abusive controlling mother. With possible hoarding disorder. Her mom recently lost her Job and now my friend has no money for food or school. Then two days before she tried to kill herself her mom kicked her out. she's been acting real depressed and like there's no hope in life and she's been bragging about how many different ways she knows how to kill her self. She also been cutting quite a lot. When she told me I wasn't sure what to do or say. I tried to get her to go to our school councillor but just refused to go get help. Thinking people would just get mad and send her to mental hospital. I went to one of the teachers I really trust and told her what happened and the teacher said go to the school councillor she will be able to help more. But the teacher I really trust and who I went to left on May 10 the same week the my friend tried to kill her self which She hasn't been at school a lot only 2-4 times in the past 2 weeks. And she hasn't been at school since May 26
I am still very worried even though it's almost been 3 weeks almost a month since she told me. I still find my self very on edge, I am very anxious and scared and scared. I can't focus at school. I am not eating much or at all. I have a very short temper with people I love and strangers. I have lost interest in most things I use to enjoy. I just want to be alone. I have really isolated my self from friends and family. I have very vivid nightmares that cause me to wake up drenched in a cold sweat, tears streaming down my face, heart racing and gasping for air. I can have these dreams two or three times a night. These dreams happen 3-4 times a week so I really haven't be sleeping much or at all. Also these dreams can effect the day after the dreams I wake up very on edge, anxious, jumpy, the tiniest thing sets me off. I have also been acting very depressed and numb.
The days my friend is not at school are the worst she sometimes doesn't show up for a week at a time and she won't answer her phone at all also weekends and holidays. Sometimes out of now where it start feeling like I am reliving the conversation my heart pounds, breathing quickens, my hearing gets hollow like I standing in a tunnel, I get very warm and flushed at first then I get very cold clammy and pale. Also I started cutting again after being free for 6 months.
I just don't know what to do anymore
I am scared of myself and my thoughts
This is tearing me apart on the inside
It's really affecting every part of my life school, family, friends, emotional
I REALLY NEED HELP
***Now I do have pre-existing server anxiety disorder and depression and major trust issues and I am on meds and I have a therapist I go to regularly but her dad is sick so I haven't seen her since April so she doesn't know. I don't know when I be able to see her again.
***I really do trust the people on this site that's why I can open up plus I am way better at talking about stuff in writing

(#2 (permalink)) Old
stelles Offline
stelles
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Estelle/Stelles

Re: NEED HELP: My best friend attempted suicide now I think I might have pstd?????? - June 5th 2014, 11:24 PM

Hi,
It's awful that you're going through this. It sounds really hard. I think it would be best to talk to an adult (and maybe your friend) about how you're feeling. Maybe the school counselor, a parent, or a different teacher. You could also try to reach your therapist by phone or email.

Also, you should tell someone about what your friend is going through. It will be best for her, and it might help you to know that she's safe and getting the help she needs. Did you end up telling the school counselor about this? If not, I think you should go tell her what's going on. You could talk to any of the people I mentioned above, or anyone else you can think of that can help. It's important that you both get any help you need.

This sounds really tough. Just remember that there are people who can help you and your friend figure out what's going on. Try to stay calm and talk to someone.

Hope that helped

Be yourself, because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  Send a message via Skype™ to stelles 
Closed Thread