TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
YoungK9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

So Much Guilt: How to deal with it? - September 1st 2014, 04:25 PM

So, my family was looking to get a kitten. We've been on a waiting list for almost a year, because this breed,does good for allergy suffers.

I absolutely hate declawing,& just think it's wrong. My parents had other opinions,& were looking to get this kitten declawed. So, being my stupid self, I posted a thread. I asked for advice on how to otherwise convince them. I never gave the breeders name away. However, I did take a chunk of the breeders,& posted it on the threads. I am not sure who, but, someone, took the matters into there own hands,& contact the breeder.

My parents, think it is someone who it's not. I know it is was my fault, because I posted the threads. I have social anxiety, so it's incredibly hard for me to even confront people, especially if it's topic I'm uncomfortable bringing up. I need to tell them. I don't want the wrong person to be blamed, I don't want her life ruined, or people to hate her. I just don't feel comfortable about,& I feel incredibly guilty.

I hate myself. So much. It's all I can think about. It's so consuming. I want to give up.

Last edited by YoungK9; September 1st 2014 at 06:56 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: So Much Guilt: How to deal with it? - September 1st 2014, 07:18 PM

Hey,

I think it's great that you're interested in getting a kitten and I have the same opinion with you as far as de-clawing goes. I'm sorry to hear that someone contacted the breeder about the threads you posted. In the future I suggest keeping information in your posts minimal - just the right amount for you to receive help. Remember that anyone can view posts on the internet and once it is on the internet it is out there for anyone to see.

It is very responsible of you to want to come clean about this. I can understand why you are hesitant to tell your parents and if you can't do it verbally, perhaps you can write a note or type and print out a document and leave it where they will find it. You can also sit them down when they are in a relatively good mood and explain things.

Good luck!

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
YoungK9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: So Much Guilt: How to deal with it? - September 1st 2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idyllic. View Post
Hey,

I think it's great that you're interested in getting a kitten and I have the same opinion with you as far as de-clawing goes. I'm sorry to hear that someone contacted the breeder about the threads you posted. In the future I suggest keeping information in your posts minimal - just the right amount for you to receive help. Remember that anyone can view posts on the internet and once it is on the internet it is out there for anyone to see.

It is very responsible of you to want to come clean about this. I can understand why you are hesitant to tell your parents and if you can't do it verbally, perhaps you can write a note or type and print out a document and leave it where they will find it. You can also sit them down when they are in a relatively good mood and explain things.

Good luck!
Thank you!

As for the privacy part, I didn't even remotely think that anything like this would happen.

I definitely want to inform my parents it was me. Not someone it isn't. It's not right to blame the wrong person, nor is it right for me to keep it in.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

Re: So Much Guilt: How to deal with it? - September 2nd 2014, 01:34 AM

Hi There,

I am glad you want to be honest with your parents.
Definitely do your best to keep information you post online to a minimum (especially with details about personal situations). You can change names, not use the names of places and never give awy your specific location (ie. city/county/town).
Mistakes happen and you did not intend for this to happen so the best you can do is make things right as best as possible.
Sit down and talk to your parents or write them a letter--whatever is best for you is fine. They will appreciate your honesty and the clarification may be useful to them.
You mentioned feeling guilty about this and that you cannot stop thinking about this. Is it possible for you to hang out with frineds, play games with your family or video games or to watch a movie or read a book? Keeping yourself busy with tasks you have to do or enjoy can help lessen your thinking about this. Plus, once you explain everything, that will help as well.

I hope this reply is helpful and things get sorted out soon.
Take care and send me a message if you would like someone to talk to.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

Closed Thread