TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Gwynbleidd Offline
Seeking Zireael
Average Joe

Name: Mike

Angry Anger management advice needed! - September 5th 2014, 10:30 AM

Hello as the title says I do need advice on how to keep my anger in check. I have a very short tolerance for bullshit like my father. I've mainly brushed off thinking about it because I didn't think I needed it. One of my friends gave me some advice but she has a much more calm personality so it didn't work for me (it was the counting method). But yesterday I exploded and cursed out a guy so bad that he looked about ready to fall on the floor and start crying. I need to get this foul temper under check before this goes physical like last year. I need help! Any ideas are appreciated!

Tell me a lie in a beautiful way,
I believe in answers, just not today

"Ced'mil, bloede dh'oine... Hocus-pocus... Abracadabra...Arse blathanna..."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

Re: Anger management advice needed! - September 6th 2014, 02:28 PM

Hi,

Anger can definitely be difficult to manage.
Have you ever taken anger management classes? There are classes you can take that are able to teach ways to cope with anger, help with evaluating what causes people to get angry and how to look at situations differently instead of reacting out of anger quickly.
You could also look into seeing a behavioral therapist or counselor. They can help you brainstorm ways you can manage your anger and help you with changing your way of thinking by teaching you new ways to look at situations. (ie. instead of assuming someone means something, you can learn to slow down and evaluate the situation to understand what they fully mean instead of coming to conclusions quickly) I'm not sure if that made sense, just an example I thought of.
You can also have others hold you accountable, such as this friend you mentioned. You can ask her if she knows of any other ways you can mange your anger and tell her the counting method was not helpful for you.
I hope that you can get this figured out. It seems like you really want to change and that really is the best mindset here. Many people never really realize/want to get rid of their anger problem so you taking this step is great.
If you ever would like to talk, you can PM me.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

Closed Thread