TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jays Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jamie Sue

Question Things off my chest? - October 20th 2014, 10:53 AM

My mom is constantly yelling at me and calling me horrible names. I brings down my already low self esteem. She is always saying how I am such a disappointment and how I am always embarrassing her. I am trying to stay positive but when i am on the way home or school is coming close to then of the day and I know i have to go home i am always dreading it. I am fine at school and at dance but once i get home all i want to cry. I have a horrible stutter and i am constantly over thinking things. I am always messing up because of it. I dont know why i am writing this on here i guess i just wanted to get things off my chest.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Things off my chest? - October 20th 2014, 01:07 PM

Hey Jamie,

Very sorry to hear that your mumís behaviour is affecting you so negatively. Maybe she doesnít realise the full extent of the hurt she is causing you, and perhaps you could talk to her about it, in a calm manner, when she isnít busy? She should not be treating you like this at all.

In the meantime, I think you should try to find ways of building up your self-esteem. I find that writing positive things down about yourself and reminding yourself everyday about these things can help. You mentioned that you do dance, that is a great way of building confidence! Are there any other activities or interests that you think you would enjoy? Also, hanging out with friends, can be good for building self-esteem, as way as staying out of the way from your mum, if she doesnít change her behaviour towards you.

It might help if you talk to a teacher or a counsellor about how you feel, since it is negatively affecting your life. Itís also good to write your feelings down, so well done for writing them here and getting them off your chest!

Take care and stay strong

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Things off my chest? - October 24th 2014, 10:24 AM

some parents always do this because they believe that pressuring their child is the best way to spur them on to new heights, but some of them overdo it. Your mom is definitely overdoing it by the sound of it. But just remember that no matter what she says, you are awesome in your own way. Nothing can bring you down there's so many things you're capable of. If you believe you can, you definitely can. And even if you think you can't , give it a try and you'll surprise yourself by how much you can achieve.

Harsh words are usually words said by people in a foul mood ... don't take them too hard. You know that you are awesome. You know that you are better than whatever your mom thinks you are.

if you need anymore advice or just wanna rant, or need another reminder on how you're a capable, nice person.. i'm always going to be here.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread