TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Depression and Suicide (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-depression-suicide/)
-   -   Anti-depression medicine (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-depression-suicide/t134040-anti-depression-medicine/)

Adalia Rose November 5th 2014 04:16 PM

Anti-depression medicine

My anti-depression medicine is making me feel weird. I feel like I'm shaking on the inside, but not the outside, I never want to eat, even when I'm hungry, and I get super dizzy an hour after taking it. I've been on the medicine less than a week. My mother thinks it's normal for me to feel different and that my body is just adjusting to having a new chemical. Has anybody else ever had this problem with an anti-depressant?

FireHeart November 5th 2014 04:36 PM

Re: Anti-depression medicine

The side-effects vary from different medicines. Almost all of them, if there are side-effects, have side-effects for about a week. If they don't go away after a week it is important that you tell your doctor or psychiatrist. Sometimes this may lead to trying a different med that doesn't make you feel uncomfortable.

When I was on meds my Zoloft didn't give me any negative side-effects, however my klonopin made me dizzy and drowsy for a few days after I started. I was on Abilify for a week when I decided to stop taking it because I wasn't sleeping, I was shaky in the way that you've been feeling, and it made me nauseous.

I would give it a week and then talk to your doctor if it doesn't sort itself out. I hope this helps and I wish you luck :)

Ennui. November 7th 2014 02:15 AM

I just started Zoloft no more than two or three weeks ago, so I don't know how much use I'm going to be here.

With mine, I have had some side effects. For the first few days, I had tons of nausea. I DO now have an appetite thing, I'm kind of like that now too, nothing seems appealing to me at all and sometimes I don't get hungry until the evening, or have to force myself to eat. Or when I am hungry, I'm like mehhhh and just put it off.

I don't know if your "shaking" experience is like what I got or not. I kind of felt almost "anxious" but it was a different type of anxious where I also kind of had to go fast and couldn't sit still.

That being said, my APRN said that generally these symptoms DO regulate, and besides my appetite being weird, they have. However, she told me to let her know if they continue so we can try other things.

Again, that being said, it's important to share any side effects with the prescriber so they can tell you if they're normal and what to expect, and what to do if they DON'T stop. That's how they help you best.

Its.Just.Angie November 7th 2014 02:32 AM

I have taken some multiple antidepressants.... Umm... The side effects r normal... The one I'm on currently Im constantly cold (like shaking cold) ... And I'm not hungry really like I can go all day w/o I usually eat when i take it or else I feel sick! :p but others make me really tired.. The last one I taken I got dizzy.. Like when you stand up suddenly you get that weird dizzy sensation... So yea.. It is kinda normal to get side effects :) if they presist for a while I would say to tell your doctor and they should help either switching the medication or prescribe another to help relieve the side effects! If you have any other questions feel free to PM/VM me :)