TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain
I've been here a while

Name: Lucy

Schizophrenia - December 8th 2014, 11:22 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I got my diagnosis 2 years ago. Paranoid schizophrenia. I've relapsed a lot the last few days. I dont know what to do.
I was wondering, who else have schizophrenia?
I'd like to talk to you. And help you.

Hugs from Lucy.

private message & visitor message
I'm here for you, if you need to talk.

“I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles.”
Laurie Halse Anderson, Wintergirls

(#2 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Schizophrenia - December 8th 2014, 06:37 PM

Hey there!
I have schizo-affective disorder, which to put pretty simply is having schizophrenia AND major depressive disorder at the same time. I suggest if you think you're starting to relapse you should talk to your psychiatrist because that may mean your medications need to be adjusted or changed. Whenever I feel like I'm relapsing it's usually because of stress in life or I've built up a tolerance to one of my medications. It happens, but it's good to catch it earlier rather than later so you don't lose touch with reality. Feel free to message me anytime! I've been stable without psychotic symptoms for a year and a half now, so I can definitely try to help if I can. Or if you just fancy a chat sometime!

Best of luck.

“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Glass Slipper Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Schizophrenia - December 8th 2014, 07:00 PM

I have schizophrenia symptoms. I see ghost like figures, I hear voices. But Don't actually have schizophrenia. But I really suggest if you are relapsing to go to your doctor who prescribes your meds and tell them what's going on. Because they might have to adjust your pills to make the symptoms go away again. I just had my pills adjusted and it has really helped not being paranoid about seeing things at night. If you ever need to talk you can always pm/vm me.

We may shine, we may shatter,
We may be picking up the pieces here on after,
We are fragile, we are human,
We are shaped by the light we let through us,
We break fast, cause we are glass.
Cause we are glass.
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain
I've been here a while

Name: Lucy

Re: Schizophrenia - December 8th 2014, 07:31 PM

I dont have a theraphist or a psychiatrist at the moment.
I feel alone. I can't stop the relapse. I'm so scared.

private message & visitor message
I'm here for you, if you need to talk.

“I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles.”
Laurie Halse Anderson, Wintergirls

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Glass Slipper Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Schizophrenia - December 8th 2014, 07:42 PM

Please find a therapist and psychiatrist. I know it's hard but they really do help. Especially since relapsing is scarry as hell and you feel so alone. I am relapse right now to. I'm probably going to have to go to the hospital if it keeps up because it's dangerous. But please tell someone your suffering and let them know you need help. You CAN'T do this on your own.

We may shine, we may shatter,
We may be picking up the pieces here on after,
We are fragile, we are human,
We are shaped by the light we let through us,
We break fast, cause we are glass.
Cause we are glass.
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Paint Offline
ετεɾṉαl ɾεṡτ †
Average Joe

Re: Schizophrenia - December 8th 2014, 08:34 PM

Hey there.

I know reaching out for help can be extremely scary. It takes a lot of guts to decide to trust someone with some of your deepest of issues. But I honestly think in this case, you should do so as soon as possible. Finding a therapist you're compatible with can be quite a journey but I do think you need to start this journey as soon as possible. They can help you. It's going to be very hard for you to come out of this alone and based on what you've described, it looks like medication can make a world of difference. Who diagnosed you with schizophrenia? Were you diagnosed by a psychiatrist, and can you go back to that one? And if this was a self-diagnosis, then can you maybe go to your doctor and read off your symptoms? He/she can direct you to the right person to get you help.

I saw your other thread about relapsing with self-harm. Relapse is a huge part of recovery so I hope you've forgiven yourself for slipping up. If you ever want to talk, my inbox is open. I hope you decide to get the help you need because you don't deserve to feel this way. It sounds like what you are experiencing is terrifying and you do not have to feel this way. There is help out there.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

Re: Schizophrenia - December 8th 2014, 11:48 PM

Hi There,

It is really great that you re talking about this and trying to find solutions.
I believe it would be best for you to find a therapist or psychiatrist that can help you on a regular basis. Is it possible for you to see the psychiatrist you had that diagnosed you?
It can really help to talk to a therapist regularly about what you are experiencing because they can teach you ways of coping with the symptoms of schizophrenia such as hallucinations. It also is very beneficial to talk to a psychiatrist regularly for medication management. They can help you figure out which combination of meds is best for what you are experiencing and when things get as they are now, they are able to change doses, prescribe new medicines and take you off of any that may no longer be affective for you.
I know that getting help from a professional can be rather scary however it is there job to help and they will not judge you in anyway. They want to support you and help you live as best of a life as possible.
I hope this helps and that you can get the support you need/deserve.
If you are suicidal or worried you are in danger do to your symptoms do not hesitate to contact the police or go to the hospital for help.
Take care and you can PM me if you would like someone to talk to about this or anything else that may be going on/that interests you.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

Closed Thread