TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: bayleigh

Points: 9,713, Level: 14 Points: 9,713, Level: 14 Points: 9,713, Level: 14

slipping back into depression - February 25th 2015, 12:21 AM

I feel like I'm slipping back into depression, even though I've been really happy recently. When I get depressed I get tired and I just want to sleep and I don't want to do anything, and right now I'm sick (shingles brought on by stress) I don't want to burden my girlfriend with my problems, and my friends have stuff going on as well. I just don't want to make them feel like they need to hold my hand through everything. I don't really want to go back to therapy, and we don't have the money anyway, but writing only helps so much. I hate feeling like I can't fix myself.

Creativity takes courage
-Henri Matisse

PM/VM me if you just need to talk. trust me, i don't mind
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20

Re: slipping back into depression - February 25th 2015, 04:19 PM

it's possible for anyone to feel down for no reason anytime anywhere. But the main thing to remember is that whatever you're dealing with, will soon pass. There's no reason why depression should get the better of you when you think positively. And besides that, you've got your friends to rely on. Real friends always make the effort to support each other, so it won't be a bad thing to let them know about what you're currently going through.Being able to talk about your problems is the biggest, most important step to recovery.

Good luck and i hope things go well. I'll be here if you wanna rant or if you just need a friend. i won't judge.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: slipping back into depression - February 28th 2015, 07:23 AM

Your friends are your friends because they love you and care about you. I promise you that if you open up to them, they will be happy you trust them rather than annoyed. Everyone has things going on, but there is nobody that is too busy for a friend. If you have a friend who is too busy, then they aren't a good friend.
I can relate to feeling overwhelmed by how much work goes into fixing yourself. But you really don't have to do it alone! Reach out to your friends and family. They probably want to help more than you realize. I also recommend seeing a counselor, even one at your school. Having someone who isn't biased that you can talk to is really helpful. If you really don't feel comfortable reaching out to any friends or family, then definitely go with this option.
Everything will be okay.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
Closed Thread