TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Bluetears Offline
Blue
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Points: 7,617, Level: 12 Points: 7,617, Level: 12 Points: 7,617, Level: 12

Smile Everyone suffering depression and suicidal thoughts - please read this - March 19th 2015, 09:20 PM

Howdy c:

So, I know I'm being a hippocrite here, as I have suicidal thoughts and depression - I want you to know that you are loved. You are cared about, and I promise you that there is at least, I repeat at least one person out there, who wakes up in the morning and thinks about you, and thinking how they can't wait to see you. Those of you who are suffering from suicidal thoughts - I won't tell you not to commit suicide. Tis is your life and you should do what you want with it. But, just because you have these thoughts, doesn't mean you have to act upon it. Perhaps when you are in a good mood, take a piece of paper and write down all of your friends and family's names on it (Or have them write it for you). Maybe draw a little picture next to it. Then, when you are having the thoughts (Or if you are having the depressed feelings, don't worry, I didn't forget about you guys c you can look at the paper and realize that people care about you.

Here's a little list of suggestions you could maybe do to distract yourself from these feelings and thoughts -

- Play a game that involves a lot of concentration
- Go outside and ride a bike/hang out with friends/enjoy the outside
- Eat some chocolate ^-^
- Have a comfort box (Stick some items that comfort you in a box/container, and when you have the depressive feelings/suicidal thoughts, you can comfort yourself with the items in your box)
- Exercise
- Hug a soft toy
- Name your soft toys
- Play with your pets
- Draw
- Read a book
- Watch a movie
- Do some gardening
- Cook
- Jumprope
- Play hopscotch
- Keep a diary/journal

Stay strong everyone! Don't ever be afraid to reach out to someone, okay <3 I'll always be here if you need someone to talk to, just pm me c: I love you all!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Points: 18,628, Level: 19 Points: 18,628, Level: 19 Points: 18,628, Level: 19

Re: Everyone suffering depression and suicidal thoughts - please read this - March 21st 2015, 02:35 PM

Hi there,
This is a really nice thread for you to make and I'm sure that it will help those who are experiencing those feelings. There is also an alternatives thread, which could also be used as distractions to help you take your mind off of your feelings.
Don't hesitate to contact me if you would like to talk.

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me
Closed Thread