TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Despair... Offline
Stay Awesome :)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: India

Points: 6,499, Level: 11 Points: 6,499, Level: 11 Points: 6,499, Level: 11

Extreme violence/anger + self harm - December 13th 2015, 09:05 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I HATE posting now in the forums because my dad has checked my history and literally taken pictures of what I post on here and show it to others, and make fun of me, and say that I lie on here, which hurts me and ties into what just happened like 10 minutes ago. I was screaming at my dad to unrestrict my therapist on my phone so I could schedule the appointment, and he said no, that he has to schedule the appointments since im the child. And I just flipped out, I feel that I have zero control in my life. ZERO, NOTHING. So I picked up this little vacuum thing and hit my brother really hard with it since he was telling me what to do.. I really regret it.. I do this all the time! I've broken a billion things in my house.. I cant handle this!! I hate being bipolar. Like I will tell myself I can do this, and I will feel fine, like this morning I was doing great! And then everything falls apart, like right now. Im currently home alone and I have new blades in my room, and I have such bad ideas right now. I want to cut so deep that I will pass out. But I cant.. I have soccer... they cant notice... ugh but I want to so bad.. I hate my life so much right now. I HATE IT. Now my dad is not letting me go to my soccer game on Thursday, and forcing me to go to my therapy session then instead of scheduling a different date. I feel like im going to flip out of anger at my therapy session in the waiting room and make a scene. Im so angry. I know it will happen. I cant do this.. I know you guys will tell me to be strong. But I cant. Like everyone at my school practically hates me.. Im this freak. Nobody understands what this is like!

now im calm, and I regret doing everything. Ugh

the girl who always seemed unbreakble finally
BROKE
the girl who seemed strong
CRUMBLED
the girl who always laughed
CRIED
the girl who never stopped trying finally
GAVE UP

she let her fake smile fade and as she did a tear rolled down her cheek and she whispered

' i can't do this anymore'
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
JazzyJazz Offline
Associate HelpLINK Mentor
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 5,906, Level: 11 Points: 5,906, Level: 11 Points: 5,906, Level: 11

Re: Extreme violence/anger + self harm - December 14th 2015, 01:30 AM

I'm sorry to read that your dad behaves the way he does and I'm not surprised it causes you to flip out and do destructive things. Bipolar or not, everyone has the potential to get angry and I don't think you should see yourself as a freak.

However, it might be better to try and direct your anger at something inanimate rather than your brother. Shred some paper, scribble with a felt tip pen until it runs out of ink, hit a pillow, fill some water balloons and launch them out of the window. Anything that (hopefully) won't cause someone else to get hurt (this includes you!)

Despite the fact that your dad is very controlling of the therapy situation, I think it's great that you are seeing a therapist because at least s/he is someone who you can vent to. It must surely give you a sense of justice to know that he can't hear what you're saying about him?

I honestly wouldn't worry too much about making a scene in the waiting room. You're in therapy, you're allowed to be a little crazy.

I'm glad that making this thread allowed you to feel a little calmer. You can always PM me in future if you want to vent without creating a thread or journal entry.

~ Jasmine

Be kind to yourself.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20

Re: Extreme violence/anger + self harm - December 15th 2015, 07:17 AM

Indiaaaaa

If people at school hate you, then they don't deserve you. You're someone who's going through a lot /went through a lot, and you deserve better than to feel this way. But what i'm going to say is that no matter what happens, I'll be around, we'll be around. And you'll meet people who like you for who you are (heck i think you're pretty damn awesome ) so believe in yourself. Like i've said before many times... the more you doubt yourself, the less you realize that you're capable of accomplishing anything.

I also think that it's time you got into calming habits like reading, listening to instrumental music and talking walks. Those will help you to relax, which will certainly help you overcome this problem.. Believe. There's nothing India can't accomplish... you're certainly better than a lot of those other people who ridicule you . Rather, you've compassion.. and what those other do is simply criticize and talk bad about people... We all know who's the sweeter, nicer person here. I also suggest playing calming games online that involve good , fun music and this will be a good pastime too! It's better than hitting or overthinking things and raging... and it'll also help cultivate a happy, positive mindset. Also, no harming yourself... you've got me, so rant to me.. i'll help you out, anytime anywhere.

Now, just remember that there's nothing worth overthinking.. nothing worth doubting. This is one fight you're going to win, and we're going to help you all the way.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.
Closed Thread