TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety and Stress This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Novocaine9 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,076, Level: 11 Points: 6,076, Level: 11 Points: 6,076, Level: 11

Any struggling psychosis/anxiety people - March 3rd 2016, 11:23 PM

Hey there. So lately I've been struggling a lot with getting my anxiety and psychosis under control. I'm facing these issues everyday now. My meds used to work but they stopped working and now it's gotten worse. I think the part that makes me upset the most is that no one that I know in my life right now knows what it feels like to be seen in society as a psychotic. Let alone how hard it's been on me as of lately. It makes me feel different. I can never keep any friends. My grades have gone down, and I have a hard time in crowds. I'm always looking over my shoulder due to paranoia. I thought we could just take pills and it would all go away. It did for awhile, but it's back again, worse. Whenever I try to talk to someone about it they push it off, or say the don't know what to do. I can never focus anymore. The hallucinations are either annoying, scary, or mean. I'm just so sick of people not knowing. Or thinking that if I rest awhile I'll be better. It doesn't help me. I've been picked up from school a lot lately and therefore have missed a lot of class time. So is there anyone who has any advice or is going through the same thing? Btw I told my psychiatrist about it and he changed my meds but it hasn't done anything for me.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: Any struggling psychosis/anxiety people - March 4th 2016, 12:59 PM

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're going through a tough time with all this right now. I am glad you have come to us here at Teenhelp for some help and support. I do hope we can help you in some way.

Anxiety can be a difficult one. Do you use any skills to deal with it and manage it? I struggle badly with anxiety but my medication helps me and so do my skills. It might be a good idea for you to try doing some relaxation daily and then also when you feel anxious. Mindfulness can be a good one too even though it can be hard to get your head around it and it takes practice. You can youtube it and find some mindfulness exercises. I know the body scan really helps me and so does sometimes just taking deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth. Can you try doing this breathing exercise when you feel anxious? It can be hidden quite well so its a really good one to use I think. Also CBT might help with the anxiety if that's something you feel you'd like to look in to or talk to your doctor or psychiatrist about.

I haven't been diagnosed wit psychosis but I do have hallucinations and paranoia so I can relate to how hard it can be to deal with it all. If your medication isn't working the I suggest you talk to your psychiatrist again and see whether changing them again would be a good idea or upping the dose might be but it also depends on how long you have been on these new ones for. They do take some time to kick in to your system.

Either way I think counselling might help you too. Someone to talk to who will listen, someone to cry in front in a safe place, someone to teach you skills and give you advice etc. It might be really good for you if you aren't already in counseling.

If you'd like to talk about it more, please feel free to do so. Just remember you're like every other person. Your mental illness does not define you. And I believe in you and know you can get through this so keep on fighting and don't give up. Use your support system and if you don't have a very god one then maybe its time to make one.

Hope this helps and hope you're okay.
Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: Any struggling psychosis/anxiety people - March 4th 2016, 06:51 PM

Hey There,

I know how difficult psychosis and anxiety is I have both. A lot of people don't understand it and I know how annoying and frustrating that is. Do you have any coping skills you use for when you have hallucinations or hear things and when your anxiety is bad? Some of the things I do is sitting down and draw and paint what I am feeling, I write poetry in that moment on what I'm feeling and it helps me get it out. There are a lot of coping skills out there you can try. Here is a list of 60 coping skills for hallucinations.

Pills only work for some of the symptoms. They always tell you along with pills you need to do therapy. I suggest if you don't already have a therapist that you should get one so she/he can help you cope with everything.

As for your grades have you thought about maybe getting a tutor to help you with your school work. I would explain to them what you are going through and that you just need help and that your Psychosis is just making it really hard to do school work.

I hope this has helped. I also agree with what Jessie has said she has great advice.

If you ever need to talk to someone who knows about this you can always PM/VM me any time

Take care and stay safe,
Frankie
Closed Thread