TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Anxiety and Stress (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f205-anxiety-stress/)
-   -   Social anxiety,feel depressed,exhausted (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f205-anxiety-stress/t149810-social-anxiety-feel-depressed-exhausted/)

Janina1660 February 5th 2017 07:27 AM

Social anxiety,feel depressed,exhausted

Feel Depressed,exhausted,deep pain inside
Hello,Sometime I feel so sad.I imagine in my head how i hurt myself.Today for example I went to an event for only 50 minutes.There I had to see people.After that I feel really exhausted (I am not able to do anything.I just want to sleep)and sad..But why?Why do I feel so sad?
I also feel in school depressed and all I want to do is to go home.Everday I think I can't do this anymore.I had made 4therapys and it doesn't went better.I don't want to suffer anymore.Everyday in school is like a fight.I don't even know If i have SA-disorder(Diagnose).I can look in people's eyes and i can answer if somebody start to talk to me.But I can't even say hello to my classmates.Only if they say hello to me.This is strange...

I also have binge eating behavior.But my therapist don't take it serious.Everday I got this strong urges to eat.I can't resist.It makes me feel bad.It started a year ago.I just want to eat healthy.I think god hate me because i have to suffer that much.

Celyn February 6th 2017 05:09 PM

Re: Social anxiety,feel depressed,exhausted

Sorry to hear how much pain you are in. Depression and anxiety can be difficult to deal with, and it's understandable that you may feel overwhelmed and exhausted at times.

I know that you hurt yourself in your mind, but do you physically hurt yourself too? It's okay to have difficult thoughts as they are just thoughts, but it's not good to act on them. At the same time, you have no reason to think about hurting yourself- you don't need to punish yourself at all.

Since you have anxiety, it could be that being in an event with people that you have to see can be draining on you. If you feel depressed you may feel like you don't have enough energy in general. I'm wondering if there was something in your mind that perhaps triggered you to feel sad? You may feel that you aren't good enough or annoyed that you got exhausted quickly but you it doesn't mean that you aren't good enough at all.

Is there something in particular about school that bothers you, or is that you feel more anxious and depressed in school in general? It sounds like you are struggling and I'm sorry that your previous therapy hasn't helped much. Perhaps you can open up to your parents, teachers, friends or other counsellors about how you are feeling? We aren't professionals so we can't diagnose you, but if you want to have a diagnose, it's best that you talk to someone who can. Anxiety can affect us in many ways so even though you can make eye contact, and talk to others when they start talking to you, it can still mean that you find it difficult starting the conversation off yourself.

I'm sorry to hear that your therapist doesn't take your binge eating behaviour seriously. Perhaps you can keep talking to your therapist about it and see if he/she starts taking it more seriously? If not, perhaps you can get another therapist, one who understands eating disorders.

God does not hate you. Sometimes life can be painful and can involve suffering, but you don't have to suffer in silence either.

Thadvan February 8th 2017 04:08 AM

I am sorry for you. Hope you feel better soon. Try meditation. It would definitely help to some extent.

Almalutz February 9th 2017 05:35 AM

Self care. Don't push yourself to barrel through social activities (when you aren't forced to by circumstances). Practice taking time-outs. And when you know you have a difficult social thing you need to do, plan ahead. Bring stuff that calms you down (for me that's often knitting). Before and after the activity do something that makes you feel good. For me that is often visiting a favorite bookstore, having a tea in a cafe I love, writing, making silly art, etc. And sleep, drink water, exercise, and eat. All of these things help ensure that your body is running smoothly so you can best handle stress. Finally, be kind to yourself. You are wired to be more sensitive to things than others, so what is exhausting for you will never be the same as the average person. Listen to your body and take care of yourself.

It wasn’t long ago that very few people had heard the term "cognitive - behavioral therapy." With the outpouring of research in the 1980s, and the studies on anxiety disorders that were published in the 1990s, the term "cognitive – behavioral therapy", or CBT, gained acceptance and became well known. But even though the term itself became well known, just what "cognitive- behavioral therapy" involved was less well understood.

Meanwhile, in study after study, cognitive – behavioral therapy began to prove to be the therapy of choice for many mental health care problems, including depression and the anxiety disorders. You can also go for Therapy and counseling for the same.