TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mrs.Butterfly Offline
WingedWarrior
Average Joe

Name: Sarah

Upwards and forwards. - May 3rd 2017, 08:48 PM

Hey all.

I know it's been awhile since I posted but things have been pretty busy for me. Between getting ready for my son's first birthday and getting my house better organized. But, I do have a huge thing that happened recently.

So, long story short I had to find a new therapist, and a new psychiatrist. The old therapist didn't listen to me that well or give me tools to help better myself and deal with my mental health. So I left her and started my search for a new one. Luckily, I found a new therapist recently.

She is wonderful, and she put me in contact with a psychiatrist that she works alongside. That lady is also wonderful and actually listened to what has been bothering me currently; including mental health problems that I've been having for years on end. And she also found out why two of the antidepressants I was on previously, just made me worse.

This whole time, I had a mental disorder that no one had figured to investigate and just labeled it as mood swings and depression. But both of these ladies found the real answer. I have Bipolar disorder. The doctor prescribed me a mood stabilizer and an anxiety medication. The anxiety medication has worked wonders on me, and once my son is officially weaned (almost there), I can start the other medication.

This is a huge weight off my chest, and now I just want all the tools I can get to live each of my days to the fullest. Now that I finally have the proper diagnosis.

Thank you all for reading along.

- Sarah

(#2 (permalink)) Old
FallonRose Offline
Mind Mischief
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Fallon

Re: Upwards and forwards. - May 3rd 2017, 10:14 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you had been struggling with your previous therapist, but I'm glad you were able to find other people who could better assist you. Congratulations on getting a correct diagnosis and correct medication as well! I struggle with Bipolar disorder too so if you ever need to relate with someone my PM and VM are always open! I hope all else goes well for you in the future

Live Help Mentor 4/29/2017
Message me if you need anything.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Mrs.Butterfly Offline
WingedWarrior
Average Joe

Re: Upwards and forwards. - May 4th 2017, 04:04 AM

Thank you FallonRose! It's honestly more of a relief than a scary time getting this diagnosis.

I messaged you and hopefully this will be the start of a new friendship.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
danh19 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: daniel

Re: Upwards and forwards. - May 4th 2017, 08:38 AM

I glad you got the right support in place now well done for looking for new therapist when you realised that the other one was no good

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Upwards and forwards. - May 4th 2017, 11:06 AM

Sarah, it's great to see you back on here! I'm glad you were able to find the right therapist and psychiatrist for you to help get the proper diagnosis. I hope things from this point on begin to look up for you. You know where to find me if you ever need to chat, vent, or just want to share an accomplishment. You've totally got this girl, I have complete faith in you! ❤️

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Upwards and forwards. - May 4th 2017, 05:09 PM

Sarah! I've been meaning to ask how you are! Even though things didn't work out with your old therapist and psychiatrist it is brilliant news that you have a new team of people on your side and that the medication is helping you. I really hope that this is the start of a more stable and happy life for you

Also, can't believe your son is turning one. Time has flown by

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: Upwards and forwards. - May 5th 2017, 03:03 PM

I'm really happy for you Sarah. It must've been hard having the wrong diagnosis but such a relief to have the proper one and the proper medication followed.

Also happy birthday to your son!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Mrs.Butterfly Offline
WingedWarrior
Average Joe

Re: Upwards and forwards. - May 6th 2017, 06:26 PM

Thank you, danh19!

Thank you, girl! I'm always around, just not always visible. It is a relief, for sure! Thank you for having faith in me. <3

Thank you, my dear friend. I am hanging in there. Everything a day at a time. Hope you've been well! Yeah, walking now and getting into trouble all over the place.

Thank you so much, In-the-way. It's a huge relief for me! And thanks. He'll have a good day.

And my birthday is also the same weekend as well. Since people keep forgetting.

Closed Thread