TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lauridoglover Offline
Not a n00b

Name: lauri

mental health acting up - September 8th 2017, 05:00 AM

ugh so something happened for me to not feel well and literally bother me and play through my brain a bunch of times. I really wish live help was on to help me. I really wish I could see a therapist but I can't they only hurt me, ruin my life and leave me. im 25 by the way and been through hell and back in the mental health system. I'm not on here to debate or discuss having a therapist or not so please don't bring that up. I can't see one ever again and thats the end of that. I should be fine because well life goes on i know. I have alwyas had to do it all on my own because no therapist will help me. So I guess ill be fine. I just wish i had some one to talk to }: No one to talk to on here like in chat.

I wish i had someone to talk to about what im going through and about how im feeling right now about something that kind of sent me over the edge and really caused me to feel the hurt again.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: mental health acting up - September 8th 2017, 07:25 AM

Sorry you don't have anyone to talk to. I'd listen if I were there.

Sorry you haven't found a good matched therapist. Most of mine have been decent, but there have been a few who I just never could communicate with, or they just upset me, and I never really understood why, but it was apparent I should stop going to them.

Peers are often the best people to talk to anyway. One who understands, and is willing to listen, and knows how to listen, and doesn't try to fix things, but understands it's the listening itself that is the fix.

Therapists are expensive anyway. Friends are free. (Though some places they train therapists and they give it away for free or on a sliding scale because they're not a real therapist, they're a therapist in training, and they get to practice on me. I've had a lot of those. Most of them were actually very good.)

Really hard for me when something happens, like what you say, something happens, and I'm out of commission for two days recovering. (If only the world would stop throwing pies in my face.)

So you've been through the mental health system and it wasn't very helpful? Typical of government run things. Sometimes they get good people, often times the good people go elsewhere because they can earn more money om their own. Sometimes bureaucratic red tape binds them preventing them from doing what they know they ought to do. (Frustrates everyone!)

I was lucky and my parents got me a decent psychiatrist doctor, which initially sounded like a stupid idea, but turned out they were right and medication helped me a lot once I found the right one and now I'm much better. Good doctors are unfortunately expensive.

A little exercise can be good. I need to do more of that. Actually some, because right now I'm not doing any at all. (Not good for me.)

A little sunlight is also good for me.

Going to group meetings make good support groups socializing helps me. I'm bad at it so the groups satisfy my inner need to be with people once in a while. (I think it works unconsciously.)

Anyway sorry you're going through this and hope you feel better.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: mental health acting up - September 8th 2017, 08:04 PM

Adding on to the above, there's always HelpLINK if you just want private space to talk about things. I know it's not the same as Live Help but at the same time, you are guaranteed between 1-3 responses. You can also see if Live Help is online at certain times, like mornings or evenings, weekdays or weekends so it may be easier to get help at certain times.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Markus Offline
Professional Human

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Marcus

Re: mental health acting up - September 10th 2017, 10:47 AM

I agree. You can always use HelpLINK, I find it to be very helpful.

Or if there are others in TeenHelp whom you find most comfortable talking to, I am sure they will be more than happy to listen if you let them know what is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celyn View Post
Adding on to the above, there's always HelpLINK if you just want private space to talk about things. I know it's not the same as Live Help but at the same time, you are guaranteed between 1-3 responses. You can also see if Live Help is online at certain times, like mornings or evenings, weekdays or weekends so it may be easier to get help at certain times.

Closed Thread