TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AMA on teenhelp Offline
im just a dead man walking
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Getting weKer - September 12th 2017, 07:37 AM

I used to do all kind of crazy stunts with skateboarding but now i an scared of everthing and i get way more pain am i just being a big ass pussywhats wrong with me i just dont want to be scared any more of getting pain and failling when i was younger i did everthing i was fearless but now im afraid of getting pain and when i do get pain it hurts more

it takes a strong man to deny whats right in front of him and if the truth is undeniable you create your own

Last edited by Fading Light.; September 13th 2017 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Moving to a more specific forum.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: Getting weKer - September 13th 2017, 04:32 AM

Being scared of pain is a human response. Pain is intended to stop injury. As kids, we tend to not think things through and thus take "risks". You're not, in your own words, being a " big ass pussy", you're just being careful.
If you want to try tricks on your skateboard, maybe try them at a skatepark with the right gear? that may mitigate some of the fear.

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Markus Offline
Professional Human

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Marcus

Re: Getting weKer - September 13th 2017, 03:35 PM

Always wear your gear, you won't want to get yourself injured. Better to be prepared than sorry.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Re: Getting weKer - September 13th 2017, 08:32 PM

It's simply something that happens when you get older. You get more aware of the dangers and the injuries.
When you are younger you're not afraid because you don't know how much you could hurt yourself. But now you know. That's where the fear comes from.
Also when you are younger you kind of percive pain differently. Like, when you saw the blood it would hurt like hell but when you didn't realice it simply didn't hurt because your mind was filled with so many other things you just didn't realice the pain.
When I was a kid I used to climb up into the highest trees. No problem there. Then in school we had to climb up a wall, we were secured and everything but after two meters up my body just froze with fear, because unlike when I was a child I actually knew how dangerous a fall from that hight could have been.
And when you run into something and fall or stuff like that you are more aware of your injuries, even if you can not see them. Thats why it seems like it hurts more.

Make sure you wear all your protection gear and if you are really scared, start slow. Just try to get a hang of things.
When we had to climb all these 15 meters I didn't go up right away. I started with 5 meter, then 6 and so on. So you might want to start again with easy tricks and then try the harder ones once you get used to it.

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!

Closed Thread