TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lauridoglover Offline
Not a n00b

Name: lauri

borderline - November 9th 2017, 04:25 AM

Anyone with BPD feel stable when they're not in any type of relationship? Like by relationship I mean with a bf or gf, with a close friend, therapist etc.

When you are in those type relationships do you feel you get unstable?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: borderline - November 10th 2017, 02:29 PM

I don't have BPD but a close friend of mine does. He is currently avoiding relationships because of how much the BPD can affect him when getting close to someone.

My counsellor said it's likely that I have PTSD and though I know it's different to BPD, I too am avoiding relationships because of how difficult I find them. I get too attached too quickly, and then get really insecure and worried about them cheating on me, leaving me for someone else etc. I know it's not the same, but it can definitely be more difficult trying to navigate mental health and relationships.

Hope others can share their experiences too!

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
lauridoglover Offline
Not a n00b

Name: lauri

Re: borderline - November 12th 2017, 01:17 AM

Yeah, it s hard. I guess using the word unstable is not very descriptive since unstable can mean different things for different people in this kind of situation when there really close to some one . Like for me when I get in a relationship, really close to someone. I get very unstable like for example if they do something to hurt me I can quickly go in to depression which i hate depression so thats another reason I like ot avoid relationships because I don't want to be depressed. On the other hand though being in a relationship gives me like this extreme happy feeling.

Ughh why is it saying im banned for spamming?? Im seriously not spamming. Im not allowed in the chat right now and so I have to use the forum and since I had lots on my mind I made like 4 posts. Ughh why is that seen as spam WHEN ITS NOT.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: borderline - November 12th 2017, 01:21 AM

Hey,

I do not have BPD but I wanted to reply since I have a few friends and family members who do. I do know that relationships can lead to some people with BPD feeling unstable. I know that a number of the people that I know, have dealt with this at some point. However, from what I have been told by them, it is helpful for them to work closely with their treatment team and their partner when getting into a relationship. By working with their treatment team and their partner, they are able to work on finding tools to deal with the instability. And, I do know, a few people who have been able to find a healthy balances and are quite happy in their relationships. Mental health troubles can definitely cause certain difficulties when trying to be in a relationship but it is possible to find a balance and enjoy a relationship.

I think, it is also important to note that different mental health issues effect all people differently. I know that instability in regards to relationships (platonic and romantic) can be quite common for people with BPD but I know that those people are impacted differently.

I am hoping that there will be others who can share more personal experiences with you sometime soon.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread