TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Meraki Offline
Not a n00b
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lilah

Question Why am I so... - November 12th 2017, 04:26 AM

Alright, so I didn't know where to put this. Feel free to move it.
So, I'm just weird, I guess. I used to try to chew like plastic and things when I was younger (about 8, but I don't now). I take off my shirt sometimes for no reason (when I'm alone in my room). Im really sensitive, and even if I'm drinking water or something and a dribble gets on my shirt, I feel really bad. I also used to try to touch my tonsils (I don't anymore). I also keep all my old toys and stuffed animals, because if I threw them away or even donated them, id feel bad.
Thanks.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Why am I so... - November 14th 2017, 05:26 PM

I don't think you are weird.

Like you, I used to chew plastic when I was younger too. For me, I did it when I felt anxious or stressed, but sometimes I would do it just out of habit. And as for keeping old toys and stuffed animals, I still have mine and don't think I could let them go either!

I guess we all have our quirks and things we do when other's aren't around. That doesn't make us weird...it just makes us human. At the same time, if you feel bad a lot about things, maybe you can tell someone? There's nothing wrong with being sensitive but if it gets in the way of your life, then it's good to talk about it

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Meraki Offline
Not a n00b
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Why am I so... - November 19th 2017, 07:17 AM

Phew, that's a relief!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Why am I so... - November 19th 2017, 03:41 PM

Hi,
I also agree with up about, I don't think that you are weird. Like Holly said everyone does little things that others don't do or understand why you are doing this. For example my younger sister used to bite her nails when she was nervous to be around other people. Sometimes you do something like what you are doing to help you to be calmer and to help you to be okay with what's happening.
And if you are having a hard time with what you are doing you can tell someone about this to get some help. If you are not able to talk with you're parents about this then you can try the school counselor and let them know that you are having a hard time with this and need some help. I hope that you will be ok. Lots of Hugs.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Meraki Offline
Not a n00b
Welcome me, I'm new!

Smile Re: Why am I so... - November 22nd 2017, 03:30 PM

Thanks so much guys! I'll try that.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Why am I so... - November 23rd 2017, 12:57 PM

Hey,

I am glad you have received some helpful advice. I wanted to add that, as you get older, you might find that your desire to hold on to ALL your stuffed animals and toys decreases a bit. I know, I used to have ton of toys and stuffed animals and as I got older I was able to let some of them go. Now, I really only have a few stuffed animals. One of them is from back in 2007 when I was really struggling and my dad gave it to me to comfort me.

I honestly didn't think I would ever get to the point of letting go of the toys because I had this weird idea that my toys were alive (think Toy Story) even before the Toy Story movie came out.

I think it is actually quite normal to develop an emotional attachment to material things. I have the same issue and when I clean I will hang on to something but a few years later I will be able to throw away/donate that same item.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#7 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Why am I so... - November 23rd 2017, 09:16 PM

Hey,

SO I am 26 years old, and I have over 30 stuffed animals. There is nothing wrong with keeping your stuffed animals and toys. I have kept a lot of things from my childhood and I will always keep them. Still to this day I chew on plastic, like the things that hold the price tags on your clothes and shoes. I honestly think there is nothing wrong with this, as long as it doesn't effect your life. As for spilling things on your shirt. I feel really bad when I spill things too, but it is okay to spill everyone does.

I hope this eases you a little bit.
Your friend,
Essa<3

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Meraki Offline
Not a n00b
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Why am I so... - November 27th 2017, 04:48 AM

Thanks everyone for your help!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Why am I so... - December 6th 2017, 03:57 AM

Maybe , instead of trying to scrutinize what you do differently,celebrate what makes you you! Others have their own quirks too.. perhaps its better for you to accept and love yourself for who you are.

Much kindness and warmth,
Darren

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread