TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Autismscreams Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

All the above...not sure where to put this... - November 15th 2017, 09:43 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So i had a meltdown the other day... like major... in my car pulling out of the driveway..
Hit the house caused a water main leak... house flooded, condemned by the city the next day - It was unsafe and gutted, full of mold, etc when I moved into it and my dad was livid about his place(he used it for storage until I lost my apartment and put me up there). Sooo.... hee made me go to his clinic for one of his talks; figured he'd tell me I had an appointment with a therapist.... wrong. Instead he told me to pay him back(when I can't afford even the basics without his help which of course I no longer have). Sooo.... here I am trying to sleep in my car....no sleep in 36 hours. Oh and of course I no longer have a lawyer but a shit ton of cases in court(me and local pd don't get along one bit and I just won a historic case), none of which I'm guilty of(except the weed but they planted the stuff in evidence- my stash was untouched). And Idk where to even go anymore. I need to talk to somebody but no medicaid cuz I always had my dad and that won't last long anyway(since I work I won't be eligible soon.)... fuck my life. I'm suicidal and idk what to do. My dad's a doctor so I told him during our talk and he just told me to do it. Fuck my life.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: All the above...not sure where to put this... - November 16th 2017, 07:25 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this. It was an accident, hitting the house and causing the leak. When tempers get high, it can mean we say and do things we regret, but this doesn't excuse that your dad told you to do it, when you told him you were suicidal.

If you are still feeling suicidal, maybe you can call a hotline? We have some suggestions here if you feel like checking them out.

Is there any way you can try to negotiate with your dad in terms of paying for the damage? Maybe you can go half and half, or only start paying it back when you are in a situation to do so. It's only going to cause you more stress trying to pay for damages if you can't afford the basics at the moment. Maybe try talking to your dad again when things have calmed down.

Understandably you would need to talk to someone after this incident and get help and support. You mention Medicaid, so I assume you are in the U.S? If so, you could try giving 2-1-1 a call as they may be able to help you find somewhere to temporarily live and find access to mental health help and legal help if necessary.

Hang in there. It must be an awful situation to be in, but it won't last forever.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread