TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LittleLight Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Blushies

Theraphy - February 1st 2018, 08:16 PM

So I got into a fight with my father that was really really stupid but pretty much I did nothing wrong and it ended with him giving me a fuck you when he came to apologize for being mean we talked and he offered therapy again.. and like I don't know how the hell to have a therapy session can I get some help about how to talk about it?

A heart without dreams is like a bird without feathers
  Send a message via Skype™ to LittleLight 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Noire Offline
When is the future?
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: Theraphy - February 2nd 2018, 12:59 AM

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out. Therapists are usually very kind, compassionate, and empathetic people. They are trained to aid others from all walks of life with all sorts of issues, from every day stuff to crises. In other words, there's nothing they haven't seen or heard before. They are very safe people to talk to, and it's important for therapy to feel like a safe space for you.

When you first meet they will want to work with you on figuring out what that safe space looks like. You can tell them you're nervous if you like; they'll definitely understand and be willing to help. The first session will probably be spent asking a bit about you and what brings you into therapy. They may or may not try and help you identify some goals to work towards during your time together. Every therapist is different in that regard. If they do want to work on goals and that seems overwhelming let them know; it's okay not to do that right away. Be sure you tell them what you need so they can go at the pace you need to go to feel healthy and happy- after all, therapy is for you, not them. Just remember: they're experienced, they care, and they're there to help. Hopefully that offers some reassurance.

I hope that helps. Good luck and PM me if you need anything else!

Love joins
Love unites
Love breaks us apart
The power to conquer here in our hearts
Enduring and sacred
Eternal as time
For love, love alone will conquer all

"A Million," by VNV Nation
  Send a message via Yahoo to Noire  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: Theraphy - February 3rd 2018, 10:09 PM

I personally enjoy going to therapy. Sometimes it takes a couple tries to find a therapist that truly understands you, and that's okay.

It can be awkward that first time meeting someone new and most people aren't comfortable sharing their life stories to strangers. You can totally get to know each other at the beginning of that first appointment and ease your way into the important matters.

you are important. You matter. Your thoughts are important. Sometimes it helps me to write down what I have to say and the thoughts in my mind in a notebook and then bring that notebook to me during my session.

I've also learned that reading self-help books and discussing how they can help you in your life works even better by discussing it with a therapist. Its someone who can physically give that "hey okay that sounds like a good idea to get you on the right track."

I wish you luck. Message me if you need any further clarifications or advice. I'm always here to help.

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

Closed Thread