TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AnneGG Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy feeling empty - February 18th 2018, 02:03 PM

for a few months now I've been feeling very empty and sad. I have no motivation to do anything anymore and I feel very lonely most of the time. I just can't get out of bed anymore and I really want this to change.
Does anyone know how I feel or can give me advice

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Online
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: feeling empty - February 18th 2018, 03:33 PM

Hello and welcome to teenhelp, thank you so much for joining we are glad that you have joined. I am sorry that you are having a hard time right now. Can you try talking with someone that you are close to? Are you close to you're parents and do you have any siblings that you're able to talk with and letting them know that you're having a hard time and you need some help. Or can you try letting you're friends know. Can you try talking with the school counselor or a teacher that you are really close with and letting them know about this and that you need some help and have them help you. If it's hard for you to say this you can always write everything down on paper and give them the letter and then they can read it and then they can help you.
Also try going for walks and putting on funny movies to make you laugh to try and help you. And put on music and if you can call a friend to talk with them to help you also. I hope you will be okay soon.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: feeling empty - February 18th 2018, 10:12 PM

Hey there and welcome to TeenHelp!

I'm sorry to hear that you feel empty and sad a lot. We can't diagnose you as we aren't professionals, but it sounds like you could be experiencing symptoms of depression.

Was there anything that you can think of that might've caused you to feel this way? Sometimes things that happen in our life can affect us a lot and can cause similar symptoms. That said, depression and other mental health issues can just happen- it doesn't necessarily need a cause.

It seems like the lack of motivation, feel lonely, sad and struggling to get out of bed, may be linked together. It can be very hard to get out of bed when we don't feel like it...if you find yourself getting up late, maybe try to get up 5 minutes earlier? You can keep getting up earlier by 5 minutes each week until you reach a time that you ae happy with. But if you struggle to get out of bed at all, perhaps focus on one task that you can do to help get out of bed- it could be something small like brushing your teeth. Visualise yourself doing the task and how you may feel a bit better knowing that you are trying to look after yourself and that you are trying to be productive, even if you don't have the energy. You may also find that once you are out of bed, you may not feel so bad. It's often taking that first step, getting out of bed, that takes the most effort.

What do you usually do or what did you used to do during the day? When we feel unmotivated, it may be because we lack a focus, a direction and a purpose. We get trapped in doing the daily stuff- eating, sleeping, housekeeping etc., that we end up feeling bored and unmotivated with our lives. It may help by trying to find at least one thing to do each day that is productive or that you are good at, and one thing that is enjoyable to you. With time, it will start to feel more natural and it will become easier to do things. It's often found that the best thing to do when we feel unmotivated and no energy is to actually do things. It helps to break the cycle a bit.

You mention that you also feel lonely...do you talk to others much? Sometimes if we hide our feelings and don't reach out, others might not know how lonely and sad we feel. So don't be afraid to reach out and start talking to others.

Following on from that, since you have been feeling this way for a few months now, it's also in your interests to talk to a doctor or counsellor about these feelings. Counselling will give you a safe space to explore your feelings and will help you to explore ways of managing your feelings and breaking out of the cycle.

Lastly, we are here for you, even if you feel no-one else is

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread