TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety and Stress This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
gloves123 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 17,127, Level: 19 Points: 17,127, Level: 19 Points: 17,127, Level: 19

Arrow Anxiety - February 3rd 2018, 02:12 PM

My anxiety does weird things sometimes

I no longer have a solid concept of time. I could be on the bus for 20 minutes and feel three hours has passed. Alternatively I could blink and look up to see I've been spaced out for two hours. I fear rooms with no clocks, how long has it been?

Often times I have no grasp of reality. I'll go through a whole day feeling disconnected from my body, as if I'm just watching a movie play in front of my eyes and I'm simply an audience of one. My hands don't feel like my own as they shake, my body isn't mine, where am I?

The world gets too loud for me too often. Every sound is nails on a chalkboard, piercing my ears and rattling my brain. My head spins, I want to scream, I need to get away. Somewhere quiet. But even silence gets to be too loud. Don't touch me, don't touch me, don't fucking touch me.

I wake up too early and can't get back to sleep. I see 3:00 am. My heart pounds, my ears rattle with the sound of my shaking breath. I toss and turn, as if I might straighten out the knots in my stomach. If I get up I'll feel better, but my limbs don't move. Its too warm, I'm suffocating. But my skin is cold to the touch. I shiver quietly under the blankets. Surely it must be time to wake up. I see 3:10 am.

I keep my head down and look at the heels of others ahead of me. Don't walk to fast, but keep up with the crowd. Hope no one notices the ear plugs in place of headphones. The ringing in my ears sings in countless different notes, all out of tune, all out of sync. Fall back, don't walk to close to them. Eyes down, eyes down, eyes down.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Anxiety - February 3rd 2018, 04:26 PM

I thought this was written quite well. I was also able to relate to it quite a bit!

Thank you for sharing. I hope you will post more of your work in the future.

Also, if you ever want to talk to someone about anxiety please feel free to message me.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Matthew

Points: 8,033, Level: 13 Points: 8,033, Level: 13 Points: 8,033, Level: 13

Re: Anxiety - February 3rd 2018, 07:24 PM

i did that last night i woke up and ughh only 2:45 and sometimes i do too think more time has passed than really has (or the other way around)
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,194, Level: 59 Points: 172,194, Level: 59 Points: 172,194, Level: 59

Re: Anxiety - February 4th 2018, 02:04 AM

I could relate as well, especially the part about sounds. Nice work!

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
Closed Thread