TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ikigai Offline
la razón de vivir en japonés
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sue

Disliking extra classes - May 6th 2018, 10:32 AM

Except for the English lessons, which I used to have from 2011 to 2017, I have never really had constant lessons of something. I have lots of different hobbies that I'd like to develop, but for some reason I just hate going somewhere to learn them.

I have no idea why, but I've never had lessons that I actually enjoyed. I'm currently enrolled on Spanish, German and drawing courses and every single time I need to go there, I feel horrible. But I force myself to go, because otherwise I would do nothing (and I would not develop any of my hobbies). I've already found out that I have to be enrolled somewhere in order to participate (I used to ride horses but now I don't, because it wasn't a course - I would arrange each lesson separately. That's why I stopped. I just didn't want to go there.) I'd also love to take up guitar.

Those are supposed to be my hobbies. I love learning languages, drawing and horse-riding! I can't understand why I hate going on those lessons. Forcing myself is a solution, but only temporary. I'm already starting to be fed up with going somewhere and hating it. And it's not about the lessons themselves (everything is alright there). Besides, if there was something wrong, I wouldn't like to go on one course, but I dislike all of them.

Any ideas why? When I think about going I already feel hopeless...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Disliking extra classes - May 6th 2018, 04:13 PM

I'm the same way. I like learning about and doing things my own way by my own choice. Taking lessons gives it a regular time when you have to go whether you feel like going or not, there's a right and wrong way, and makes them work, not fun, or at least less fun. The exception would be an activity that had to be done a certain way to be safe. Obviously, I wouldn't want to hurt myself trying to figure something out.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Disliking extra classes - May 6th 2018, 09:28 PM

I dislike/struggle with social situations. I can love something but struggle with being around people. For example, I love seeing movies and going to the bookstore but there are times when I can't due to not wanting to be in social situations. The other things I struggle with is depression and when I am depressed my motivation to get out of the house can be difficult even to do things that I like.

I think that figuring out why you are struggling is key. It might be something you could discuss with a counselor or maybe try and write out some of the feelings you have about going out. If you write down what you feel when you go to those events it might help you come to understand the why behind not enjoying them.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread