TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
NovoK9 Offline
Staff On Leave

Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ebony

Meds not working - May 21st 2018, 03:39 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I haven't been myself lately. I've been having panic attacks, been hallucinating a lot, and having very vivid dreams. On top of that, I've had a very flat mood. I've been wanting to get off my meds. They don't help at all. I'm going to talk to my therapist when I see her so she can hopefully tell my psychiatrist. My panic attacks are becoming an all day thing. I can't handle it. It makes me want to pull my hair out. Plus it leaves me exhausted after. My hallucinations seem really real. I look at them and talk to them until my mom asks me whats wrong. How do I cope with all this? I think about dying almost every day now. Please any feedback would help.

Fading away, turning to dust.
With nowhere to go, and no one to trust.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Meds not working - May 21st 2018, 01:19 PM

Hey there,

If your meds are not working is there any way for you to talk to the prescribing doctor and adjust them? I know I have had medication that works well for a bit and then stops. Sometimes medication adjustments end up helping out a bit. Are you close enough with your mom that you could sit down and talk to her when you are having panic attacks? Talking might not do a ton but that might prevent you from having to be alone while you are having them. I know, for example, when I am having panic attacks I will either talk to my boyfriend or send him text messages until I calm down. I think sometimes the reason talking can help is because I am able to distract my mind so the repetitive thinking that increases my panic decreases slightly.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
NovoK9 Offline
Staff On Leave

Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ebony

Re: Meds not working - May 21st 2018, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Bibliophile:. View Post
Hey there,

If your meds are not working is there any way for you to talk to the prescribing doctor and adjust them? I know I have had medication that works well for a bit and then stops. Sometimes medication adjustments end up helping out a bit. Are you close enough with your mom that you could sit down and talk to her when you are having panic attacks? Talking might not do a ton but that might prevent you from having to be alone while you are having them. I know, for example, when I am having panic attacks I will either talk to my boyfriend or send him text messages until I calm down. I think sometimes the reason talking can help is because I am able to distract my mind so the repetitive thinking that increases my panic decreases slightly.
Thanks for replying. My psychiatrist is at a crossroads with me. He said we've tried almost all of the medicines out there and all of the different dosages. I've been going to therapy and my psychiatrist for years now. I feel really bad about putting everyone through this. Sadly I'm not close with my mom when it comes to this. But I am with my dad. So I'll try and call him when it gets that way. Thank you again for your feedback

Fading away, turning to dust.
With nowhere to go, and no one to trust.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Meds not working - May 23rd 2018, 02:53 AM

Hey there,

I am glad that you will be able to talk to your dad. I hope that ends up helping you a bit. It can be difficult when doctors are unsure how to help; I know in the past my doctor got to that point and it was really scary to be there. I hope that with time he is able to figure something out. I am wishing you the best and I hope that you will continue utilizing TeenHelp. If there is anything that I can do please feel free to message me even if you'd just like someone to talk too.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Meds not working - May 23rd 2018, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovoK9 View Post
My psychiatrist is at a crossroads with me. He said we've tried almost all of the medicines out there and all of the different dosages.
I know how frustrating this is because I have been on so many and they work for awhile then they quit. What I have had to do is go back to old pills I took before that worked but then stopped working after a while. And when I went on them again they started working again. I have been taking meds since I was 3 so I become tolerant(I think that's the word) to where they don't work anymore, but if I take a break from them for like a year and then we have to go back to them it's like my body forgot that it got used to the meds. This may be something you can ask your psychiatrist about. It may not work for you but it may be worth a try.

I'm not sure how much help this will be, but I thought I'd just put what I have gone through and what ended up working.

If you ever need to talk I am just a PM/VM away.
Your Friend,
Frankie<3

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

Closed Thread