TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Neurodiversity This forum is for everything about neurodiversity, such as autism, ADHD or dyslexia - talk about here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Points: 6,485, Level: 11 Points: 6,485, Level: 11 Points: 6,485, Level: 11

Vyvanse , ADHD - October 28th 2020, 05:06 AM

Any one in college that takes vyvanse? I have to pee so much on it? Some days more than others it seems. Ill have days where I do so well and other days where I don't. Its so frustrating. Any one else like that, on meds you have days where you are awesome and get so much school work done and other days while still on meds barley get any school work done?? its frustrating. I wish Vyvanse and all stimulants worked better. Ugh.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Vyvanse , ADHD - October 28th 2020, 08:39 PM

If the medication — prescription or over the counter — isn't working for you, then I suggest reaching out to a medical professional to come up with a better solution to combat the problems you are having with your ADHD.

I've never heard of this drug, so I can't be of much help. Maybe someone else might give better advice.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Points: 6,485, Level: 11 Points: 6,485, Level: 11 Points: 6,485, Level: 11

Re: Vyvanse , ADHD - October 30th 2020, 05:52 PM

Its a stimulant. Sadly I have tried other simulants and they gave me bad side effects whereas Vyvanse gives me no side effects so vyvanse is better than nothing. I have heard people say that stimulants are not 100 percent and people still struggle on them. I guess with any pill its not magic sadly. It can only do so much. Like it can help you concentrate when you are concentrating but can't force you to get in the mood to study and can't make you want to.

Any ways Ill wait to see if others reply.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: Vyvanse , ADHD - October 31st 2020, 01:43 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry you are experiencing discomfort from the medication that you are taking. That must be really worrisome and challenging for you.

I am wondering, did you notice more frequent urination before starting this medication or was it after you started it? It's important to know exactly when this began, it could be hard to tell.

With the medication, are you finding yourself drinking more fluids than before you started the medication? Are you more thirsty on the new medication?

It could be that you either are adjusting to the medication, it has increased thirst so you are going to the bathroom more, or your body is getting used to the medication, or just a combination of all.

If you recently, began the medication give it some time, I know some can take up to 6 weeks for the body to adjust to fully and others in under 2 weeks. I do encourage you to talk to your doctor about this if it continues and doesn't improve for you.

Something you could try is called, pelvic floor exercises, these can strengthen your bladder muscles and pelvic floor.

Take care.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

Closed Thread