TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Friends and Family (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-friends-family/)
-   -   I feel invisible... (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-friends-family/t160564-i-feel-invisible/)

RedVelvet October 28th 2020 05:43 PM

I feel invisible...

Hello, so I am here because I feel invisible.
Everytime I ask a question my question gets pushed to the side and the person I asked goes on with their day. My mom always pushes my questions aside and goes back and doesn't answer my questions until 30 minutes after. I also have to make loud noises to get someones attention as if my voice wasn't enough. I get bullied and picked on but no one helps. Do I even exist? Does anyone care? These are all questions I think of on a daily basis.
Please help.
- Velvet

Arabesque- golfing girl. October 28th 2020 07:51 PM

Re: I feel invisible...

Hello and welcome to Teenhelp:) It is wonderful that you have joined:) Thank you so much for telling us all about what you have been going through and I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with this and hope that you will be okay soon. When we are going through something and we go to a parent for help, it is not a good feeling when we are trying to tell them about what we are upset about, when they are not listening to what we are saying. Would you be able to try writing a letter to your parents about what you have been going through and how all of this makes you feel, then put it on your parents bed or somewhere else that they will see it. Are you able to talk to the school counselor or a teacher at school that you like and let them know how this is making you feel. Sometimes we can ask our teachers or the school counselors to help us to talk to our parents. They can set up a time and you all talk together about this. Sometimes it can help having someone else with you to help you, so that you can talk to your parents. I hope that it will get better for you. Hugs to help.

DeletedAccount59 October 28th 2020 08:33 PM

Hey there, I'm sorry you're feeling as if nobody cares about you or is paying attention to you. I completely get that feeling, especially when it comes to certain people we expect to pay attention to us on some level, such as our parents. Perhaps you can sit your mom down during a calm and quiet moment, when there are no other distractions, and have a discussion with her about how you're feeling; and not only that, but whenever you want to bring up anything you feel is worth discussing.

Being bullied and picked on by others, especially by peers at school or at work, is certainly no fun. Believe me, I know; it hurts when nobody pays any attention to what's going on or, worse, they don't believe what you're saying is true. I suggest keeping track of every incident and, if necessary, who it happened with and when; when you compile something decent, such as a page or two, then present it to the appropriate person... such as a teacher, a parent, or a supervisor.

Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you have to. I hope to see you around! :)

Celyn November 1st 2020 12:42 PM

You've received some good responses already but I just wanted to add that sometimes people may take a while to respond to us if they are busy or feel they need to take time to think before responding to you. I do agree with the other responses in trying to find time to sit down and talk with your mom, perhaps when she isn't busy and is calm to talk about things, and mention that you feel pushed aside. She may not necessarily mean to do this but your feelings are still valid.

No-one should be bullying or picking on you. If this is happening at school then it is worth taking note of the events and reporting them to a teacher.

People do care. At the very least, you've got the TeenHelp community :hug:

HowrdJns89 March 26th 2021 05:36 PM

maybe you have problems with anxiety, I had this and I generally began to notice that everything turned into depression, I just [Edited] and went to the doctor

Allyson Wood August 5th 2021 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celyn (Post 1357472)
No-one should be bullying or picking on you.

And they don't have the right to bully you.

katiemoor August 13th 2021 05:43 AM

ooh, hello, dear

I am so sorry

to hear this:'(

I hope you will be all right