TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26

Depressed or outgrowing things? - October 12th 2021, 05:17 PM

[SIZE="a"]Life changed for me in 2019. Ever since then, every aspect of my life, school, work, family, friends, values, goals etc., has been re-evaluated.

For a while, I felt lost and depressed. I'm feeling like I've got a bit more direction in my life, though I'm still not out of the woods just yet.

I've been going over things from childhood and realised that a lot of things I used to do, I no longer do. I'd like to get back to that.

Equally, there are things in my life now that I'm not sure I want in my life anymore. I don't know whether to cut down or cut them out of my life completely. I just don't feel it anymore. It feels like the novelty has worn off in some ways?

For example, I have a friend I hang out with sometimes but it feels like it's the same thing over and over again and the things I'd like to do, my friend wouldn't be up for. I've also realised we value different things in life. But nothing is actually wrong, my friend isn't bad or abusive. But I feel a bit checked out. I get messages and don't want to reply, or feel that we don't have much in common or that they are only friends with me out of convenience.

It's difficult to figure out if this is due to depression (which I was diagnosed with in 2019) or if I'm just naturally out growing things?[/size]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Silvan Offline
Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33

Re: Depressed or outgrowing things? - October 12th 2021, 07:02 PM

Hello,
thanks for reaching out!

First, I would like to say that all your feelings are valid. While you may not be sure if they are symptoms of depression or not, they do appear and all of them are okay!

If you feel there is something wrong in the relationship between you and your friend, it is worth looking into. You may want to consider why or in which situations you don't feel right. You could also try talking to your friend about this, if you feel ready for such a conversation.

If you do not attend regular psychotherapy, I would suggest reaching out to a psychologist. They could help you clarify what is going on in your mind.

I hope this helped. Have a wonderful day!
xx S

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Offline
Community Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 4,926, Level: 10 Points: 4,926, Level: 10 Points: 4,926, Level: 10

Re: Depressed or outgrowing things? - October 13th 2021, 08:39 AM

Hello!a
In this cases you should ask to yourself: want I to give up on everything? The answer is (spoilers): of course not! I have a normal life! I have good friends! I have a great family!
Why you should give up on this then?
You had an opportunity. Don't waste it. Don't let be caged by your depression!
Closed Thread